Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Front Setup For Poliscan

Setup For Poliscan
    Hi All I thought I would post up this question in the interest of public information.
    I currently have two LIs up front and two Lis at the back.
    The front LIs are setup as per the book. Straight level and work great with dozens of saves against Handhelds Lasers and plenty of warning about Poliscan cameras.
    Rear setup is either side of number plate at around 22 degrees and after four passes through rear setup Poliscans at over the speed limit they seem to work well.
    I know want to set another 2 at the front with around the same angle as the rear.
    So the front setup will be two straight for Handheld Laser and the other two for Poliscan cameras.
    FYI I run two separate CPUs one for the front and one for the back.
    Now the questions is that any one of these front LIs will detect the Laser hit and set off all the LIs into firing mode. Since I will have them setup at two straight and two at an angle will they interfere with each other and be less effective against the handheld lasers.

Good Citizen

Default Re: Front Setup For Poliscan

Quote Originally Posted by madmurf View Post
    Setup For Poliscan
    Hi All I thought I would post up this question in the interest of public information.
    I currently have two LIs up front and two Lis at the back.
    The front LIs are setup as per the book. Straight level and work great with dozens of saves against Handhelds Lasers and plenty of warning about Poliscan cameras.
    Rear setup is either side of number plate at around 22 degrees and after four passes through rear setup Poliscans at over the speed limit they seem to work well.
    I know want to set another 2 at the front with around the same angle as the rear.
    So the front setup will be two straight for Handheld Laser and the other two for Poliscan cameras.
    FYI I run two separate CPUs one for the front and one for the back.
    Now the questions is that any one of these front LIs will detect the Laser hit and set off all the LIs into firing mode. Since I will have them setup at two straight and two at an angle will they interfere with each other and be less effective against the handheld lasers.
    No they won't. If anything, the Li's to the side will actually help with off axis shots for around bends for example. As long as the Li's on the front are all connected to the same CPU that is.

Btw I may be moving to Australia sometime in the future(yay duel citizenship). From my understanding its 22 degrees on the back which helps defeat the poliscan you said?

Good Citizen

Murf, I am running my LI heads at an angle as the only threat where I am currently located is poliscan, and mine are about 15 degrees from memory. I reckon you will have the ultimate in protection with this setup.

Newcomer

Thanks Guys
    Yeh I do so many Ks (Miles) that I really need the best insurance I can get. Well it look like my thinking is it should be OK. Fitting heads this weekend.
    OZONE ref you question on angle setup. My back heads are either side of the licience plate hence my 22 degrees. "Notsoswift" has his setup in the rear tail lights and seems to have gone with a more accute angle.
    Keep in mind the LIs have 20 degree coverage and the Policscan sweeps so the Poliscan angle in relation to LIs is changing all the time.
    All I know is that LI are the best and work really well.
    A special thanks to the supplier that gives best customer support I have ever had.

Good Citizen

Thanks Guys
    "Notsoswift" has his setup in the rear tail lights and seems to have gone with a more accute angle.

A special thanks to the supplier that gives best customer support I have ever had.
    Indeed, a big thanks to the same supplier, fantastic service, advice and all round top guy.

I do have my heads in the rear tail lights and angled at 45 degrees. I have been through the same Poliscan in the same spot 3 times. Two of those times they worked perfectly, the last time I went through I was caught. I believe it may be the sweep angle may have just got around the LI.

Good Citizen

The LI uses the Osram SPL PL90 3 Laser Diode that is +/- 12.5 degrees horizontal (25 degrees spread) so if you mounted:
    45 degrees, you will actually cover 32.5 - 57.5 degrees.
    30 degrees, you will actually cover 17.5 - 42.5 degrees.

I have noticed on the Blinder Au website they recommend 20 degrees front and 30 degrees rear:-
    quad_transponders_482.jpg

Newcomer

Hi All
    Great information I have installed the LIs but instead of the front I did the back for now. As with the rear Camera Poliscan setups you get zero warning until you have passed them and I wanted to make sure I have 110% protection on the backside first.
    Based on the information I have two at the number plate level and two at the bumper level further out and different angle. I feel pretty confident now. I will get two more on the front at a latter date.
    I will feedback any results.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by qwsoftware View Post
    The LI uses the Osram SPL PL90 3 Laser Diode that is +/- 12.5 degrees horizontal (25 degrees spread) so if you mounted:
    45 degrees, you will actually cover 32.5 - 57.5 degrees.
    30 degrees, you will actually cover 17.5 - 42.5 degrees.

I have noticed on the Blinder Au website they recommend 20 degrees front and 30 degrees rear:-
    quad_transponders_482.jpg
    Thanks for the info. When I move to Australia ill have to make sure I remember to configure them that way.

Hi All
    Great information I have installed the LIs but instead of the front I did the back for now. As with the rear Camera Poliscan setups you get zero warning until you have passed them and I wanted to make sure I have 110% protection on the backside first.
    Based on the information I have two at the number plate level and two at the bumper level further out and different angle. I feel pretty confident now. I will get two more on the front at a latter date.
    I will feedback any results.
    I would love to see some results as well as some pictures of the setup.

Professional

Adding two more heads up front at an angle will do nothing except make the front of your car pretty much completely stealth! Go for it!

Good Citizen

As you are aware I have my rear heads set at 45 degrees for the rear facing Poliscan. So the other day I was driving down a single lane road, one lane in either direction with a white painted dividing line. I passed a van parked on the other side of the road. Soon after I caught a flash of light in the drivers side rear view door mirror. As I looked in the mirror I noticed it was a van with Poliscan camera mounted in the back. Then, about 2 seconds later, the LI alerted to a Poliscan.

So my question is, if the Poliscan flashed (signalling it took a speed reading and a picture) at least two seconds before the LI alerted to it do the heads need to be angled further out?