Good Citizen

Default Firmware Update Versions and Power Connector

1. I got my dual Gen8 LI new in May 2010. I do not know what firmware version it has, but I see that firmware version 8.14 is the latest. Is there a chart available by version/date where I can determine what changes have been made since May 2010 to see if there are any critical changes I need (USA operation)?

2. To update my LI I would have to remove it from my car to connect to my desktop. That is a problem since I do not have a spare power/switch connector and I do not want to completely unwire the one in my car that took so long to install. Is there a place to obtain a power/switch connector?

Default Re: Firmware Update Versions and Power Connector

You should always update your Firmware. We only release updates when the older FW version is laking in protection for newly released LIDARS.

You will need a laptop PC to perform the update(s) and change settings. If you have a 12v power supply, email me and I will send you out a power switch assembly at no charge so you can perform the updates with a desktop PC.

Cliff

I shipped you a complimentary power switch assembly via USPS 1st Class Mail. It should arrive in a few days time.

Cliff

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Laser-InterceptorUSA View Post
    I shipped you a complimentary power switch assembly via USPS 1st Class Mail. It should arrive in a few days time.

Cliff
    WOW!!! Thanks so much!!

I purchased a serial cable & 12v power supply, but was unable to locate the proper connector to power-up the LI for the update.
    Thanks again. I'm looking forward to applying the updated firmware.

Sounds like your all set then. Remember, you'll need to update both the Ver. 8.14 FW and Ver. 8.14 Voice Files.

Cliff

Good Citizen

OK I will be sure to update both files.

1. As I understand it the heads are not connected when updating the firmware. Are there any special procedures I need to be aware of after I plug the heads back in and turn on the system in the car?
    2. Currently I have a Parking Assist switch installed. When I disconnect it (pull out PA switch's serial connector) with the LI on it says "parking aid activated" (shifters off) and when I plug the PA switch connector it back in it says "Parking Aid Deactivated" (shifters on).
    I'd like to reverse that so that if I do not plug in the PA switch the LI is in "shifters on" mode (in case the serial cable should vibrate off, or if I want to stop using the PA switch altogether). I saw some PA settings in the LI communicator software I just downloaded and it looks like one of the settings (PA normally open or normally closed) may allow that to work. I'm not sure what setting it is on now, but I assume I just select the other and it will work to reverse the current setting?

Thanks again for all your help!!

Once you update to the latest FW and Voices, you will be able to leave the Sensor plugged in during an future updates. There are no special procedures needed oher than to follow the ones outlined in the instructional VIDS of the Laser Interceptor - World's #1 Rated Jammer 7 Years in a Row Website to be sure you properly update the CPU and when you change any setting(s). Be sure to NOT make any other changes!

Correct. Select the last button "Close Contact for Parking Mode" and the PA/JAM switch will be deactivated when the switch is removed.

Cliff