View Poll Results: How long will it jam being shot from 25' above?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediate punch through

6 28.57%
  • JTG

3 14.29%
  • Punch through at 500 feet and under

12 57.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Member

I am going to guess that the LED jammers will do better on Overpass shots because the shape of their lenses

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by amoney
    What are you going to aim at... headlight/plate shots or center of mass shots... or roof shots

I guess punch through anywhere below 1000 feet.
    Directly at the plate. As the car gets closer it might be hitting some of the hood. Ford has a laser shield to so we may see how that works on this to. Also I plan on moving head to see how they do aimed upwards vs straight.

Suf Daddy

Kinda dead on......okay I get it.............
    -Suf Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltage
    Suf, judging by the description it sounds like the Y is going to be both 1 and 2 lanes, if shooting from the center lane.

EDIT: Oops, I must be tired. I believe its a 3 lane highway, so just 1 lane.

Banned

JTG with my setup!!!

Experienced

From the sound of it, JTG with a DF2

Manufacturer

My hunch is whatever they are, they'll be lower if used in combination with VEIL.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Professional

drive-smarts jammer will rock your world when u test it out :P any

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    My hunch is whatever they are, they'll be lower if used in combination with VEIL.

Veil Guy 8)
    BOB I SO KNOW IT!!

I was hit from a bridge against a ultralyte on a tripod...I went around 3 times!! I know for certian that I got a JTG the second run!!
    I wouldnt believe that possible with the Zr3 LS alone!! I love Veil it is F'ing GREAT!!

Hell nothing against Roy but if I could buy directly from you I would!! Either way I know I am getting a great product!!

Experienced
    Somewhere that the POLICE don't like evasion tactics!!!!!

I believe that if you had a street smart LEO on the Laser gun he would have a reading on within seconds of activating the Laser, these guys may be trained to aim at a certain place on your vehicle to start with, but, if they don't get a reading from there you would be naive to think that they are not going to shoot somewhere else to achieve a reading.
    I know that over here they will move the gun around until they get something to tell them what speed you are doing, which gives you a little time to slow down, but I dont believe you will get JTG every time unless you have every inch of the front (windscreen incl.) and rear of your car covered, I think it has been said somewhere that you get around 17" of coverage from each head unit, so that adds up to about 6 heads on the front of an average sized family car. VERY $$$$$$$$$ to cover!!!!!!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBOY!!!!!
    I believe that if you had a street smart LEO on the Laser gun he would have a reading on within seconds of activating the Laser, these guys may be trained to aim at a certain place on your vehicle to start with, but, if they don't get a reading from there you would be naive to think that they are not going to shoot somewhere else to achieve a reading.
    I know that over here they will move the gun around until they get something to tell them what speed you are doing, which gives you a little time to slow down, but I dont believe you will get JTG every time unless you have every inch of the front (windscreen incl.) and rear of your car covered, I think it has been said somewhere that you get around 17" of coverage from each head unit, so that adds up to about 6 heads on the front of an average sized family car. VERY $$$$$$$$$ to cover!!!!!!
    thats why you slow down immediately when your jammer goes off