Professional

Default AL 8 Video You Judge

http://www.youtube.com/v/JLtt0qzLibo

Version 17.01 , shows 2 states : parking aid status and maj firing back status.
    This video is not for entertaining, background is necessary for full understanding.

What you see at first is the reflection on the glass , the led at parking status flash weakly , then the head is provoked with a home made tv remote .

Hope to be clearer, the protective cover of al is acting almost like a mirror in full day.

It shows how powerfull is the falshback........

Banned

Default Re: AL 8 Video You Judge

HTML embedding doesn't work for that video.

You have to go to this link to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLtt0qzLibo&eurl=

Did you make that vid?

Professional

Thanks JTW , it was my mistake to refuse the embedding , am happy with my 1rst video post .

On a side note : do you believe DBC will be a success and become widespread ?

One get caught with this and the way Leo have to do it seems quite complicated , a lot of coordination , shooting 2 cars in les than 2 seconds....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 411
    Thanks JTW , it was my mistake to refuse the embedding , am happy with my 1rst video post .

On a side note : do you believe DBC will be a success and become widespread ?

One get caught with this and the way Leo have to do it seems quite complicated , a lot of coordination , shooting 2 cars in les than 2 seconds....
    DBC is pure genius and it truly works. When I was going through the training class with all the other officers none of them had any problems. It takes about 5 minutes of getting use to and that's it. The software is flawless(we tried to mess it up). I just hope the officers use some common sense when ticketing people. 1.5 seconds of lead time or less is common practice in Seattle. You'd have to be a crazy cop to issue a ticket for that.

Right now is the time to get a laser jammer solely because of this new feature. Not only can you get a speeding ticket, but you can get a double wammy for following too close.

If you live in OR state and want to test out your jammer let me know the next time you come by Seattle and we can shoot your car.

Chris

Professional

If you live in OR state and want to test out your jammer let me know the next time you come by Seattle and we can shoot your car.
    Chis, thanks for the invitation , it is altough quite a ride to your place , I live in eastern Canada :wink:

The problem here : there are a lot a tail-kisser ... undisciplined driver ... the moment there is a hole between you and the preceding car , someone will slip right in whatever speed the traffic is going .

I wonder how much time it will take before the Leo here acquire this technology .... we follow the Usa like sheeps for the best and the worse :shock:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 411
    Chis, thanks for the invitation , it is altough quite a ride to your place , I live in eastern Canada :wink:

The problem here : there are a lot a tail-kisser ... undisciplined driver ... the moment there is a hole between you and the preceding car , someone will slip right in whatever speed the traffic is going .

I wonder how much time it will take before the Leo here acquire this technology .... we follow the Usa like sheeps for the best and the worse :shock:
    Expect DBC upgrades soon, if you haven't already got them. All the departments have to do is request the upgrade when they're having the annual certificate of accuracy done. Of course the upgrade costs money with LTI.

Advanced Member

NHTSA research contains a report that officers found the technology difficult to use:
    http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/inju.../chapter_3.htm

"However, despite its obvious public relations value, officers found the DBC equipment to be an impractical way to measure tailgating. Officers found it difficult to accomplish the needed quick and accurate aiming of the laser in heavy traffic. In addition, the entire procedure was complex. To achieve accurate measurement of the distance between two vehicles, the officer must first aim at the front of the first vehicle and press the trigger of the unit. Then the officer must quickly aim at the front of the second vehicle and press the trigger to receive the measure of distance, expressed in either feet or seconds. Because the reported distance is measured between the fronts of the vehicles, the officers must mentally estimate and subtract the length of the front vehicle from the reported distance in order to obtain the length of the gap between the two vehicles. In addition to the need for officers to develop skill in using the DBC equipment, its use required a team of two officers: one officer to operate the equipment and a second officer to apprehend the violator."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    NHTSA research contains a report that officers found the technology difficult to use:
    http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/inju.../chapter_3.htm

"However, despite its obvious public relations value, officers found the DBC equipment to be an impractical way to measure tailgating. Officers found it difficult to accomplish the needed quick and accurate aiming of the laser in heavy traffic. In addition, the entire procedure was complex. To achieve accurate measurement of the distance between two vehicles, the officer must first aim at the front of the first vehicle and press the trigger of the unit. Then the officer must quickly aim at the front of the second vehicle and press the trigger to receive the measure of distance, expressed in either feet or seconds. Because the reported distance is measured between the fronts of the vehicles, the officers must mentally estimate and subtract the length of the front vehicle from the reported distance in order to obtain the length of the gap between the two vehicles. In addition to the need for officers to develop skill in using the DBC equipment, its use required a team of two officers: one officer to operate the equipment and a second officer to apprehend the violator."
    You can also use DBC targeting vehicles traveling away from you. The LTI also has error trapping in the DBC feature. If the car is less than 8 feet(pretty sure it was 8 feet) behind the first car it will show an error code and if the rear car is going 5 miles faster or slower then the first car it also shows an error code.

I'm telling you guys the DBC feature is something to fear. Portland uses it all the time.

Scratonicity Groupie

thanks for the heads up Jim. I always wondered how it works and now its crystal clear that this would not hold up for a half minute in the courts. anyone who has the jan / feb 2006 addition of the NMA magazine will find a 3 page article basically explaining that its impossible with the human eye to judge speed much less do it as quick as this is wanting you to do.