Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Just installed my LPP yesterday in my BMW e46!

Everything is great so far. I'll have some pictures up later today, once it stops raining... But for now a quick question:

How do I get the LED to stop blinking green all the time??

I intsalled the LED over the steering column, and its driving me nuts while driving. Shouldn't it only turn red ehrn its in use?

Not sure how its working so far... Its gone off a couple of times that my Passport 9500i has not...

Anyhow, more to come later today once it clears up.

All your settings are here; http://www.cyberblob.net/LPPsettings.html

Advanced Member

It blinks red to let you know it's on and operational. WHen it is jamming or acting as a parking snesor/ laser jammer it turns red

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    It blinks red to let you know it's on and operational. WHen it is jamming or acting as a parking snesor/ laser jammer it turns red
    I want it to blink red... I don't want it to blink green constantly... =)

Thanks for the settings link. How do I get into the programming mode to make those changes? All I want to do is disable the flashing green light...

Old Timer

You don't really go into a programming mode. You just hold the button for the amount of flashes needed. For example, to turn off the flashing light, you hold it down for 10 flashes to turn off the flashing green light.

I'm pretty sure it will still turn red if you are hit.

The hard part is going to be chaning any other settings once you turn off the flashing green light. You're just going to have to count how many ever second instead of flashes. So, to turn it back on, you would count 10 seconds, and hopefully you get it. May take a couple tries

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO
    You don't really go into a programming mode. You just hold the button for the amount of flashes needed. For example, to turn off the flashing light, you hold it down for 10 flashes to turn off the flashing green light.

I'm pretty sure it will still turn red if you are hit.

The hard part is going to be chaning any other settings once you turn off the flashing green light. You're just going to have to count how many ever second instead of flashes. So, to turn it back on, you would count 10 seconds, and hopefully you get it. May take a couple tries
    got it thatnks... what other settings would i probably want to modify on that? other than turning off the parking sensor altogether?

Old Timer

Permanent mode? You turn on the car, and it's ready to jam after about 2 seconds. Same thing when you are hit. It won't shut down and go into standby mode. It'll jam until you turn it off.

On the "older" 8.3s, it was 21 flashes. It would cycle between 4 sec, 8 sec, and permanent mode in that order, with 8 second being the default. I think on the "new" 100 PPS fix 8.3 versoin, it's 12 but I could be wrong.

Way to tell the difference between the two boxes is the newest ones have a shiny lable, while the older ones have the black label.

Newcomer

Permanent mode? You turn on the car, and it's ready to jam after about 2 seconds. Same thing when you are hit. It won't shut down and go into standby mode. It'll jam until you turn it off.

On the "older" 8.3s, it was 21 flashes. It would cycle between 4 sec, 8 sec, and permanent mode in that order, with 8 second being the default. I think on the "new" 100 PPS fix 8.3 versoin, it's 12 but I could be wrong.

Way to tell the difference between the two boxes is the newest ones have a shiny lable, while the older ones have the black label.
    Cool, permanent mode wasnt on that link you just sent... earlier... SInce my unit is brand new, I'm assuming that I have the newer model...

So hold down for 12 flashes, and its always on until i turn it off, right?

As for disabling the parking sensro thing... I tried doing that, but I couldn't figure out the beep system. Does it do a double beep to accecpt the programming? Does that not count toward the short range (two tones) to turn it off?

Thanks!

Old Timer

Actually, I think the fix is really only for Canada and Australia, so you prolly still have the "old" one, which isn't really old, it just doesn't have the 100 PPS fix.

So you polly, have to hold it down for 21 seconds.

"To identify No timer is enabled: After startup you will see 1 Green LED light accompanied with a single beep."

When doing the whole distance thing, if it does 2 beeps, it means you have just set the short distance setting. After that I think it "reboots."

The way you know you have permanent mode on (aka No Timer), when you turn on your vehicle, you'll hear the two rapid beeps (bee-beep) after the unit has started up, instead of hearing them a minute later.

Newcomer

Actually, I think the fix is really only for Canada and Australia, so you prolly still have the "old" one, which isn't really old, it just doesn't have the 100 PPS fix.

So you polly, have to hold it down for 21 seconds.

"To identify No timer is enabled: After startup you will see 1 Green LED light accompanied with a single beep."

When doing the whole distance thing, if it does 2 beeps, it means you have just set the short distance setting. After that I think it "reboots."

The way you know you have permanent mode on (aka No Timer), when you turn on your vehicle, you'll hear the two rapid beeps (bee-beep) after the unit has started up, instead of hearing them a minute later.

I think I must be doing something wrong... I was able to turn off the startup beep, so I'm not a complete idiot.

- I thought I had successfully disabled the parking sensor, but it still makes a beeping noise about a minute after I turn on the car... Have I not disabled it properly?

- I can't seem to get the 21 flashes thing to work for continous protection... Is there supposed to be any verification of this?

Thanks!