Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default real world pass encounters!

I was wondering if anyone has had a good experiance with the new p.a.s.s
    system yet. I have one on order and was curiose if anyone has had a good chance to test it?

Good Citizen

Default Re: real world pass encounters!

Quote Originally Posted by mhardy2288
    I was wondering if anyone has had a good experiance with the new p.a.s.s
    system yet. I have one on order and was curiose if anyone has had a good chance to test it?
    I would also like to know. It seems like a lot of people are ordering the PASS, surely there are more tests than just the one posted in the Videos forum.

Lead Foot

My brother has three heads on an 03 accord and it saved his butt once already. He told me that his rx65 went off 3-4 times as he was being targeted and the PASS went off ~2sec before the rx65. He let the jammer rip all the way but slowed down significantly at first alert.

Advanced Member

I know MthMan30 had a few encounters and have been saved by his three head with LTI Ultralyte

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    I know MthMan30 had a few encounters and have been saved by his three head with LTI Ultralyte
    Anyone test it against the Laser Atlanta in Stealth Mode? Any truth to the rumor that the third sensor has to be vertical to JTG?

I really wish we could get more info on this system. I'm itching to pull the trigger on it or the LI and I want to see some tests that aren't hooked to an LPP box.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Anyone test it against the Atlanta in Stealth Mode? Any truth to the rumor that the third sensor has to be vertical to JTG?

I really wish we could more info on this system. I'm itching to pull the trigger on it or the LI and I want to see some tests that aren't hooked to a LPP box.
    those questions will be anwsered tonight when results are posted

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

Yes I have been saved three times total in the real world. Does the center head need to be mounted vertically? We will let you know in due time. Let's just say I have no regrets!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mthman30
    Yes I have been saved three times total in the real world. Does the center head need to be mounted vertically? We will let you know in due time. Let's just say I have no regrets!
    Saw the results in the neighboring thread. What say you about vertical mounting, now that the cat's out of the bag?

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mthman30
    Saw the results in the neighboring thread. What say you about vertical mounting, now that the cat's out of the bag?
    Only against the Laser Atlanta, that's all. It will JTG everything else easily. There is just something about the 238pps guns that change the game. JZ has a silver corvette ZO6 that he tested this weekend. He had almost constant JTG's and JFG's with the pass unit.

Once I remount, I'm sure things will be different

Experienced

I do have three "real world saves" I think they were all LTI Ultralytes, one may have been a Stalker, I'm not sure. I only got a good look at one gun. I try not to look at the LEO when I pass him or her because I don't want them to know that something is up, like they were being jammed