Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Do laser jammers false?

Basically what it says. My V1 falses on laser a lot so I was wondering if laser jammers falsed as much as my V1. I haven't heard anyone say something about this so I have no idea.

-SuperSalad

Yoda of Radar

My LPP has falsed from Toyota/lexus vehicles.....they can from bright sunlight....

Yoda of Radar

My ZR4s false as much as my V1 does. Totally annoying. But, everytime it does, I can always find the culprit Lexus, BMW, Chrysler 300 or most likely, Infiniti. Sucks!

Experienced

My LI falses when I pass a doppler weather radar tower.

Lead Foot

iv never had a false laser alert.

Old Timer

My LPP has done the 3 beep interference alert a couple times when it came across a Lexus vehicle with laser assisted CC, but I don't consider those falses since I knew exactly what they were.

I would consider a something a false if my LPP or PASS went off in solid tone (jamming tone) for something that wasn't police laser, something that hasn't happened to me.

Radar Fanatic

the only times my LPP falsed was when i had it hooked up to a bad power supply in my car. it was doing 3 beep and full jam falses and it actually set off my V1 several times if i was passing anything reflective and even sometimes non reflective things too .

other than that, i have never had a false on either of them otherwise and they are both working perfectly since i changed the power source

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by muledoe1 View Post
    iv never had a false laser alert.
    Mule I think I remember you posting saying you were getting a LI. Specifically how does that do on falses? Same as you said above?

EDIT: I saw the last 2 posts after I posted this so I had a question. So the laser jammers give a different tone if it is getting falsed? I assumed it just gave one tone so you didn't know if it was jamming or a false alert. That is good news to me at least.

-SuperSalad
    Last edited by SuperSalad; 06-19-2008 at 04:15 PM.

Radar Fanatic

I've never had a false from my LI, only valentine 1

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSalad View Post
    Mule I think I remember you posting saying you were getting a LI. Specifically how does that do on falses? Same as you said above?

EDIT: I saw the last 2 posts after I posted this so I had a question. So the laser jammers give a different tone if it is getting falsed? I assumed it just gave one tone so you didn't know if it was jamming or a false alert. That is good news to me at least.

-SuperSalad
    i had a couple issues with the 1st batch of LI not so much with false alerts, never got one. Major problem was leaking of the heads.

I just got a new set of heads from cliff today. Just installed them. I plan on going to Petes tomorrow afternoon to test them. Im going to take my video camera and get some videos up for everyone to see.

Like i said before i never got a false alert. I have though with a V1 before a couple times when i drive down to the street from here passing the gas station. v1 goes off, but LI does not.

so tomorrow i should have some videos up and running for people to see it being tested.