Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Need jammer installation recommendations

Got a new car last month. It's a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S. The grill is very jammer friendly because heads will easily slide in there and the grill it's self is nearly level. Anyway, I'm looking at a 2 head Blinder (probably M27) of some sort. I have little chrome but the silver paint won't help my laser profile. I'm assuming a M27 will be sufficient but do you all think and M27 will provide JTG performance without Veil? No front plate is required here either so the headlights and Nissan emblem are the main points I need to cover. If a couple of you like to mark some possible locations, I would greatly appreciate it. Here she is! Thanks guys!

Default Re: Need jammer installation recommendations

Clay, saw your thread and decided to have some fun and play with it a bit, here's what I came up with: Now I hope you won't be offended by my (bad) airbrushing out the emblem but I had to try and see what it would look like without, but it may not be an option or removable anyhow. I highlighted in yellow for a dual head and 2 additional heads in red, let me know what you think. Of course, with the heads in the upper grill may require knocking out a small vertical strut that separates the grill segments where I've seen this done before with some where the head would occupy the entire space and no one would know the difference, except you of course

Last edited by Governator; 08-14-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Power User

I'm thinking the yellow location for LI dual but a notch lower on the grill.

Yoda of Radar

Good job, Governator. While I agree that one notch lower might be better, that's not a given. In the yellow locations, you have wider separation, which is a positive thing in iteslf. Those are some pretty vulnerable wrap-around headlights, so the closer the better. I'd definitely Veil them both for effect and for aesthetics.

But I think you can probably come pretty close to JTG with an M27 on that vehicle, so long as your install is quality.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Radar Fanatic

Bring the yellow down one notch and a M27 will do well. If for some reason it doesn't which I highly doubt...Contact me and I'll send you and extra J18 head free of charge to place down between the 2 red markers in the center and you will be fine for sure!
    Last edited by BlinderGuy; 08-14-2009 at 11:27 PM.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Blinder-Guy View Post
    Bring the yellow down one notch and a M27 will do well. If for some reason it doesn't which I highly doubt...Contact me and I'll send you and extra J18 head free of charge to place down between the 2 red markers in the center and you will be fine for sure!
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by Blinder-Guy View Post

Radar Fanatic

Thanks for the replies guys! I just now realized this thread had received replies.

Do you think an M25, as opposed to an M27, would provide sufficient performance? I'm not going to say I don't need JTG performance but the main gun I'm going up against is a Pro Laser 3, which I know is an easy gun to jam. I may very occasionally have to jam an Ultralyte but those encounters are few and far between.
    Last edited by stlcardsfan; 08-25-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Yoda of Radar

Those headlights will be your Achilles heel. Veil will greatly reduce that vulnerability. With an M25, you'll be JTG on the PLIII. With Veil, you'll be pretty close to it on the Ultralyte too. You'll get occasional rogue punchthroughs on the headlights either way though.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Those headlights will be your Achilles heel. Veil will greatly reduce that vulnerability. With an M25, you'll be JTG on the PLIII. With Veil, you'll be pretty close to it on the Ultralyte too. You'll get occasional rogue punchthroughs on the headlights either way though.
    The M25 is what I'll probably go for. I can step up to a LI later on down the road. Thanks!