Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Just totaled my Jetta, looking at a new TDI and want protection.

On Dec 27th a 18 year old kid driving his 16 year old sister's car turned dead in front of me and hit me head on. Luckily everyone involved was fine but I just got word today that my 08 Jetta SE is totaled. It may be a blessing in disguise as I was way over on miles and it was a lease. Looking at buying one this time and since it will be mine, I want to add some protection. I have/had a Blinder system on my 01 Honda CBR 929 that failed after about a month. Not sure if water got under the fairing or what, but needless to say it's dead.

I'm open to all options. I'd probably pull the trigger on one right now but I'm a bit concerned with all the lawsuit talk flying around.

By no means do I want to say/do something I shouldn't here but is there some info where things are with that suit? I'd hate to shell out some dough and be told that service/support is gone tomorrow.

I live/drive mostly in central Indiana. Up until a couple years ago I saw nothing but rater but more and more, I see the State Police running laser on the interstates.

I use a V1 religiously both in and out of town. Just looking for something for when that trooper is around a blind turn shooting the evil laser gun in my direction.

What I'm looking at is a 2010 VW Jetta TDI. Going to try and get a black one but they are few and far between. There's lots of chrome on the Jettas. I'd hate to Veil the chrome as I did that on my bike and really didn't look the almost tinted look it gave.

I've rambled enough, am open to all thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Lead Foot

Default Re: Just totaled my Jetta, looking at a new TDI and want protection.

What it boils down to, is your budget.

If you do end up with a TDI with a lot of chrome, you might want to end up going w/ the laser diode setup as opposed to the LED setup.
    Can't really say anything about support in the future, because no one really knows.. A lot of people also seem happy with the Blinder M*7. You could always go overboard and get a combination of everything

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JeepinJeff View Post
    On Dec 27th a 18 year old kid driving his 16 year old sister's car turned dead in front of me and hit me head on. Luckily everyone involved was fine but I just got word today that my 08 Jetta SE is totaled. It may be a blessing in disguise as I was way over on miles and it was a lease. Looking at buying one this time and since it will be mine, I want to add some protection. I have/had a Blinder system on my 01 Honda CBR 929 that failed after about a month. Not sure if water got under the fairing or what, but needless to say it's dead.

I'm open to all options. I'd probably pull the trigger on one right now but I'm a bit concerned with all the lawsuit talk flying around.

By no means do I want to say/do something I shouldn't here but is there some info where things are with that suit? I'd hate to shell out some dough and be told that service/support is gone tomorrow.

I live/drive mostly in central Indiana. Up until a couple years ago I saw nothing but rater but more and more, I see the State Police running laser on the interstates.

I use a V1 religiously both in and out of town. Just looking for something for when that trooper is around a blind turn shooting the evil laser gun in my direction.

What I'm looking at is a 2010 VW Jetta TDI. Going to try and get a black one but they are few and far between. There's lots of chrome on the Jettas. I'd hate to Veil the chrome as I did that on my bike and really didn't look the almost tinted look it gave.

I've rambled enough, am open to all thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I have never seen the ISP run Laser in Northern, IN. I hope it stays in the central part of the state. The new Blinder's seem to be improved over the old versions so if your on a budget get them. If not go L.I.

Newcomer

Don't know anything about jammers, but that sucks man! Get a GLI with the honeycomb grill and no problems anymore
    all i know is on my friends 2009 Jetta Tdi he runs a blinder setup if that helps!

Radar Fanatic

Don't take this personally, but why would you want another Jetta???

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by th3 factory freak View Post
    Don't take this personally, but why would you want another Jetta???
    I drive 60 miles a day and need something good on gas but don't want to get a hybrid. The diesel Jettas are great on gas and have a very long lifespan. Well, as long as you don't do this to them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Radar Fanatic

Ouch...at least nobody got hurt.

Professional

Diesel TDI for sure...............its the future......

Lead Foot

Wow glad you made it out there ok...

If your concerned about MPG but don't want to drive a slow boring hybrid, then a new TDI from VW would be my choice too. If money wasn't an object then I would get a BMW 335d..

Radar Fanatic

what MPG are you getting, I have to look at a diesel and I am now looking at the new jetta becasue I drive about 60 miles a day too, but I like to drive fast and needs something that can do that while getting good gas mileage. Right now I am getting 30mpg @ 80 mph, so I want something that can get 40 or more at the same speed.