Newcomer

Default Laser Jammer vs R.D for Laser DETECTION

I am from Perth, Australia, and have not come across the new sneaky Vitronic laser speed cameras. My car is fitted with a Whistler Pro-78 (which is near useless for the radar Multanova cameras that they still have here), and a Blinder M25, which has done me very well.

My question is, which would give me better DETECTION / RANGE of an approaching laser Vitronic speed cameras, the laser jammer or the R.D??? What type of range could I expect from both?

...If the radar's are phased out, I might just ditch the detector if the jammer can detect the new cameras welll.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Laser Jammer vs R.D for Laser DETECTION

Jammer will detect much, much better than any RD. But even if the RD detected better, it wouldn't be worth a dime. Simply detecting does you no good at all. Once you detect it, they already have your speed. If you're not jamming, you might as well just wait for the ticket in the mail.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

hi.

the best thing to do is hope you can find one been used at the side of the road, then test out the blinder, you'd need about 100m notice for it to be effective. delonix has tested a v1 against the poliscans, and gets enough detection - check youtube for a multi pass test of one been set.

i havent read anything about blinders been able to detect them or not, nor whether they are jammable.

these things are on constantly, so detection is absolutely possible, as scatter is going to be a necessary side effect of their operation. because of the way they work from an oblique angle and scan cars in their view, is doesnt bode well for jamming, but does for detection (so i think your on the right track)

It sucks to be first, so maybe if you have a CB, listen to it in the city,and hopefully the whereabouts for one to test the blinder on will come over in a week or so?

Stealthstalker - these poliscans cameras are a radically different technology and MO than std lidar, so normal rules for lidar dont apply - they arent pointed at the car, but scan a wide area across multi lanes - as much as 70metres wide with a 100pps scan. jamming examples on youtube are highly suspect, detecting videos arent.

Newcomer

Thanks for the replies. The police radio channels are now encrypted here and digital so impossible to listen in to! But the locations of the cameras are published ever day where they usually set up for a couple of hours. Hopefully I'll be able to find one and test it soon. Will report back here if I have any luck...

Ollie