Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced

Default Washington State Jammer Test & Tune meet.

I'll be organizing a test & tune meet in Western Washington for mid November. If you're interested, PM me and we'll get a roster going. Bring whatever equipment you want tested and have it ready to go. If you wanna bring anything to test with you, i.e. Lidar guns or radar guns, then please feel free to do so. The meet will focus on Lidar jammers though, so don't expect to get into any serious / indepth RD shootouts.

It looks like we will have an Ultralyte for sure. A Stalker and/or PL3 is being looked into and may be present. But I wont commit to that until I have a definitive answer. The location is still "To Be Determined". It will be in Western Washington somewhere between Olympia & Everett. Once I get a site nailed down I will pass that info on to the people on the roster. If you want to submit a suggestion for a test site, I would be happy to scout it out and put it into consideration.

F.Y.I. regarding personal conduct:

I won't tolerate any BS / shenanigans / disrespecting of participants or anything else that could be construed as trouble-making. We're doing this to have fun and verify our installs are working to their maximum potential. Not to grind axes or cause any other problems. If you can't play nice with others, then you will be asked to leave. If you don't leave I will make you leave. I have no issues with putting a boot in your ass. If you can abide by that 1 simple rule then I am a very easy man to get along with. I'm not trying to be a jerk or PITA, just trying to make sure we have a friendly environment to do our work. Friendly heated discussions are one thing. Being a trouble maker is another. One is acceptable. The other is not.
    Last edited by fatchick1o9; 10-25-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Washington State Jammer Test & Tune meet.

Count me in.

Newcomer

I'm in. I'm near seattle. I can suggest a good site for the test: Sultan Basin Road in Sultan. It's easy to get to. It has 2 decent straight sections and lots of twisty sections. It's got a few mild hills. It's in good shape and largely abandoned on weekends. It's also a blast to drive. I'm out there most every sunny weekend and I've never seen a LEO. Your greatest risk is getting nailed with a paintballer since they like the area too High Bridge road and Ben Howard road are in the same area & decent options too but more populated with farms. National Forest Development Road # 25 (it runs along the east side of Mt St Helens) south of Randle is the ultimate. It has every variety of conditions & is much longer. But it's farther away from civilization

Experienced

apchar:

Excellent! thx man. I'll throw you on the roster and get more info to you via PM as a date and location get settled on. It will most likely be a weekend meet. So if the sites are fairly empty on a weekend that should work in our favor.
    Last edited by fatchick1o9; 10-25-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Experienced

A note on privacy:

In the interest of remaining anonymous, I won't be collecting any data that could tie your car or you to having a jammer. I would like to collect some data on car types and head placement (height from the ground, distance from heads to CM & headlights and head spacing). But other than that I wont even be sharing the roster of who is attending. If you want to make your attendance publicly known on the forum, I will leave that up to you.

I have been informed that there may be "prying eyes" that are on the forum from time to time. So I feel it's important to be mindful of peoples concern for privacy. So I might suggest that if you feel the need to bring a camera, then be mindful of the pics you take so as not to compromise other peoples privacy.

Good Citizen

I'm interested assuming I'll be in town. I'll shoot you a PM.

Speed Demon

Great to see that you're getting this together, I wish I coud attend but I will be stuck down here in the Desert until December

Experienced

Yeh sorry man. I know you and I were talking about getting together for a mini meet when you came up in December. But the opportunity to test came up faster than I had anticipated.

But I may have a way to get you tested when you get up in December. Possibly. We'll see how thing pan out.

Experienced

Bump.

Looks like we will have 6 people total with a wide variety of jammers (4-5 kinds) and some interesting equipment. Any last minute "on the fence" Washington people should get in touch soon. We should be settling on a date very soon.

Radar Fanatic

Sound good to me, I was hoping that I will be able to get the LI but my uncle is still in the poor house.