Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Pulled over after a successful jamming?

Hypothetical question: If I successfully jammed a laser and was pulled over, I assume I can be issued a ticket based on the leo's visual perception of speed, but is it necessarily a given I'd be pulled over at all? In other words, does a leo automatically pull someone over if they suspect a laser jammer was used (assuming laser jammers are legal in that state)? Wondering what some of your experiences/opinions are?

(Couldn't find any previous threads in the search, apologies if it's been covered before and the noob naivety). Thanks.

Experienced

Default Re: Pulled over after a successful jamming?

This is why you only jam until your speed is reduced then unjam to give the copper a speed he can read. Use the jammer self timer (I think LI jammers have a 7 second jam then auto off).

Speed Demon

Yep, youve just got to kill it before you pass the LEO.
    And i dont think I would ever use jam timing. Especially on the highway, 7 seconds is is a long ass time to be jamming. All my jams have been- alert, 1 second later slam on brakes, turn off jammer. Takes about 3 seconds.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman76 View Post
    This is why you only jam until your speed is reduced then unjam to give the copper a speed he can read. Use the jammer self timer (I think LI jammers have a 7 second jam then auto off).
    I don't remember anything about an "auto-off" feature. I alwsays use this procedure:

1. alert goes off!!!!!
    2. bladder contracts violently
    3. check to make sure that I'm wearing my depends
    3. brake hard while hoping you are not too obvious (except for the nut-job who is glued to your rear bumper)
    4. flip the LI power switch off as soon as you are in the PSL range
    5. now it's OK to look for the cop

Professional

I usually hit the brakes and flip the jammer off when I am about 5 over. Never had a problem..

Radar Fanatic

Last edited by DrCoke; 09-20-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Lee View Post
    I don't remember anything about an "auto-off" feature. I alwsays use this procedure:

1. alert goes off!!!!!
    2. bladder contracts violently
    3. check to make sure that I'm wearing my depends
    3. brake hard while hoping you are not too obvious (except for the nut-job who is glued to your rear bumper)
    4. flip the LI power switch off as soon as you are in the PSL range
    5. now it's OK to look for the cop

Hilarious! Thanks for the replies too. It sounds like response time in shutting off the jammer and slowing down enough is the plan. By jamming too long is it a higher probability you'll get pulled over? If you do get pulled over and he sees your jammer is that likely to worsen your dilemna? (We don't see much laser use where I drive, appreciate the help.)
    Last edited by buzzboy; 12-08-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Speed Demon

he's not going to see the jammer heads if your driving past him. Too small and unnoticable to begin with.

Banned

Ummmmm no. This is not how LIs work, and any jammer that has this feature set on by default is piss poor. Stop posting stupid, speculative information like this, it is not helpful to the community at ALL.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by xyd View Post
    Ummmmm no. This is not how LIs work, and any jammer that has this feature set on by default is piss poor. Stop posting stupid, speculative information like this, it is not helpful to the community at ALL.
    Well thanks for your consideration. Unfortunately I didn't say it was definate, I said "I think" which means "I'm not sure". Perhaps it was another jammer? WTF do I know? But again, thanks for your support there pal! A simple respectful correction of my error is all that is needed, not derogetory remarks, who knew, I'm just human and will error.

Maybe I wasn't such a retard:
    Directly off LI website (bold face user added):
    Software Version 8.02, Rev. 3.0 (11/2010) Now with FREE User Downloadable Firmware Upgrades.

Selectable Timed Jamming Capabilities and V1™ RADAR Voice Alerts Interface
    Thanks for coming out to play xyd.
    Last edited by Sandman76; 12-08-2010 at 01:55 PM.