Speed Demon

Default Met with Corkguykev

Met briefly with Corkguykev during the week, I was in his part of the country as I was best man for a wedding.

Anyway typically Irish weather, it rained the entire day but we did get to shoot some LIDAR, namely LTI Ultralyte 100pps, LTI Marksman /w speedscope, Prolaser II.

We did do some brief testing, nothing jotted down..but the only punchtroughs we got were on the PL2.

While I'd rather not divulge the make and models of our cars for obvious reasons, due to the legality and uncommon use of them in our country.

I can tell you Corkguykev is driving a bright mid-sized saloon with big headlights, I'm driving a dark sports coupe (curvy signature)

While the tests involved a typical Irish LIDAR encounter position, it was in no way conclusive but we were happy with the results, the LPP is old but still owns the LTI UL and Marksman, which is all we need to worry about!

Results:,

Quote Originally Posted by results

Corkguykevs car - midsized saloon, large headlights

Rear 2 x Laser Pro Park (Plate area)

UL100pps - JFG, JFG, JFG

LTI Marksman - JFG, JFG, JFG

PL2 - JFG , 216metres

Front 1 x Laser Pro Park (Plate)

UL100pps - JTG, JTG, JTG

LTI Marksman - JJTG, JTG, JTG

PL2 - JTG, JTG

----------------------------------------------------------------------

eire05s car - dark sports coupe (curvy LIDAR signature)

Rear 2 x Laser Pro Park (Plate area, mounted low)

UL100pps - JFG, JFG, JFG

LTI Marksman - JFG, JFG, JFG

PL2 - JFG , JFG

Front 2 x Laser Pro Park (Plate)

UL100pps - JTG, JTG, JTG

LTI Marksman - JJTG, JTG, JTG

PL2 - JTG, 46metres

Thanks for watching

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Met with Corkguykev

Cheers mate and it was a pleasure to finally meet up with you after almost 4 years. We finally did it .

It was a pity about the weather though. I was like a drowned rat when I got home afterwards LOL .

I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised at the results we got on that particular course, against all 3 of the guns as well. The Prolaser 2 has always been the hardest of the 3 to jam but the LPPs performed very well against it on the day and the only reason I got the 46M PT on your car with it was by aiming where no LEO would .

I did get a 44M PT on my own car when you were driving it also but that was only by doing the same. With just one head up front at the moment, that was very impressive. Better than I have seen in the past myself actually.

The key was the LTI guns which it easily owned 100 percent .

Hopefully, we will get a dry day next time and enough time to simulate a few more laser trap scenarios and get in a few pints afterwards .

Professional

Nice work, mates! Very impressive results!

Speed Demon

Great results!!

Yoda of Radar

Thanks for the testing guys!

Good Citizen

Thanks for sharing!

Any pics of the rear install available? The LPP is very hard to install (stealthy) on the rear plate area.

Radar Fanatic

Cheers guys . It was fun and it was just a shame about the weather and the limited time we had on the day but we will definitely do it again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nano View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

Any pics of the rear install available? The LPP is very hard to install (stealthy) on the rear plate area.
    I have no pics of my car at the moment. I did start a thread on here a few years ago when I only had one rear and front head but I decided to delete the post in case any LEOs over here were looking at it so I doubt I will be taking the chance again TBH.

It is not easy to put the heads on the rear of most cars alright. Mine is no exception but I was able to mount them over the reg plate under the plastic overhang where the reg plate lighting is mounted also. It is quite high up on the rear so it was easy to spot them due to them being black and the rest of the car is a different colour so I camouflaged them with a strip of black sticker right behind them.

Even eire05 said on the day that it made them very hard to see when he was driving behind me to the testing location and he knew they were there so it does work well to hide them in traffic. They do stick out a bit all right and are easily spotted when standing by the rear of the car but over 3 and a half years on and I have not had any problems yet.

Speed Demon

good work guys! glad to see the ol LPP still kicks butt!

I really wish I had of caught up with Eire more when he was here, I still owe him a lunch by the way!

Cheers and Beers

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by tactical22 View Post
    good work guys! glad to see the ol LPP still kicks butt!

I really wish I had of caught up with Eire more when he was here, I still owe him a lunch by the way!

Cheers and Beers
    Indeed mate, reckon if I stayed there for good we could have started GOL AUS, yeah you can post me one of harrys pies!...god I miss them.

You still in the Dodge mate or did you go for the XR6 in the end?...Post a pic of that rear install on the dodge...it was nothing short of impressive! Invisible

Wouldn't mind an Aussie beer now as well! Have to find somewhere that stocks Tooheys!