Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Laser interceptors OR AntiLaser??

Hi guys,

I have a dilemma regarding my next laser jammer purchase. I am getting a new vehicle in the next couple of months and I had already planned to get laser Interceptors for my new ride. I already had the quad LI's installed in my previous car and had them tested back in 07 or 08' in NJ with members from this forum. (I had the white SL500 for those who were there and remember) I just visited a reputable installer who will be doing my clear bra, roof wrap, and laser jammer and hard wired V1. BUT he stated the Antilasers were a better choice. Keep in mind he sells both the AL and LI, and he even knows Cliff. He also gives me the option of purchasing my own brand an he will install it regardless.

But his 2 reasons for choosing AL is because there has been some recent info that the LI's have been having problems jamming the newer upgradeable laser guns and the AL's are easier to upgrade making them easier to stay on par with the new laser guns. I need to know if this is true. Previously to me hearing this I had read some reviews or tests on the internet that said the same thing and I thought hogwash but now I'm concerned. Please reply based on facts and not politics. Ever since I had my LI's installed & tested I have been a LI spokesperson but I want to make the right call for my new car.

Also does anyone have any links to any recent independent laser jammer tests? I keep getting the 2008 GOL tests and of course its 2014.

Thanks in advance!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Laser interceptors OR AntiLaser??

deleted
    Last edited by fire65; 04-27-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Newcomer

Thanks for responding fire! I have spoke with Cliff a few times and he is a great guy and #1 in customer service. But my concern is about LI's not being able to protect against the new guns? I did a search on this forum and there has been a little discussion about this. Trust me I want to stay with LI's because I know they work and I know Cliff's service but I want to be sure. I plan to get Jammers in my new car as well as my replacement work van. The leo's have really stepped up their Laser gun use here in NYC/LI area.

Is this website legit? Home - Laser Jammer Tests It states the LI's failed against the laser ally gun.

Radar Fanatic

deleted
    Last edited by fire65; 04-27-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by fire65 View Post
    Think about it. Who was always on top? LI. Who always had the best CS, LI? Not sure with the new ALP is the best thing, and will not go there. LI has always been on top will probably stay there. Some forums will try to sell one over the other.
    Thanks fire but your comments don't answer my questions. We all all have our favorite brands with anything but none of what you said will help me if a get a speeding ticket because the jammer I bought couldn't jam the gun used. I come here for objective and real life views and real world experiences. Every car forum I'm a member of almost each member has their favorite radar detector and laser jammer but when you ask specifics they just say their brand is the best!

Again I just want to know if this is a real world issue? Has any member experienced failure with their LI's against this particular gun? Heck I don't even know if Leo's use this gun in my area so I might be worrying about nothing. I'm about to spend some serious cash on at least 2 of my 3 vehicles. I'm even considering covering all 3 as I see laser guns used 70% of the time around here.

Again thanks for responding and I don't mean to sound rude since your the only 1 to respond to my thread. But I'll continue to do some more research. I want to get this right.

Good Citizen

Try doing a Google search. You will find the answers to your questions.

Good Citizen

I had responded to you earlier but I guess this forum will censor every post that does not phrase the LI and it was deleted. I am sure this post will get deleted as well because they cant handle the truth. My earlier response was a quick Google search will give you all the answers you are looking for. This forum will not allow discussion of how good the AL Priority is and that should alone give you a hint as to what you should do. I will probably get banned for this answer so good luck to you.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Choose your next jammer based on what guns are in the area you might be traveling in. The countermeasure game has changed with the new guns out there. I am still running LIs but sadly have to hide my vehicle when someone pulls out one of the newer lidar guns during testing that I can't jam. Hoping for a long over due LI update sooner than latter. Come on 8.15 update!!!

Radar Fanatic

deleted
    Last edited by fire65; 04-27-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Quote Originally Posted by fire65 View Post
    I find it strange that all you people think LEOs update their guns every month. They are on a budget, like all cities these days. They do get grants, but do not spend it on some new gun do they can defeat a jammer. Most cities use what they have, their old radar guns and can get all the tickets they want.
    When I read some of these threads, it is like some people think that the LEOs go buy new guns every week to defeat new tech, this just isn't so.
    They are spending the money else where.
    Good to see lidars in your area are not being recertified or replaced each year. You realize that any of the newer Stalker lidars sold in the last year are a no jam? Any DE lidar recertified in the last year is a no jam? Any DE compact ever sold is a no jam. Certain LTI LRBs & Truspeed S models will get you instantly owned. The newer sub $1500 lidars with house hold batteries have changed the game. No longer is a lidar a $4000 investment just for the traffic guys. That was back in the day when you needed a special battery & charger. I am still holding on to my LIs while I wait for an update but every time I pass a LEO & get no alert I am sweating it out if over PSL.