Thread: ZR3 heads

Speed Demon

Default ZR3 heads

So i finally got a working control box for my various ZR3 parts... but i think the rear head I have is shot...

Anyone have any spare or old zr3/4 heads sitting around even with bad wires that they'd want to get rid of?

lastly anyone know for sure what voltage these heads are supposed to get?

Experienced

Default Re: ZR3 heads

I have two working front heads that I have cut the wires off of. Long story, but I was eventually going to rewire them and use them on a different vehicle. I'm not sure I need them. The plastic on these heads is a bit chewed up due to road wear - pebbles, bugs, etc. but last time I tested them they worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by KustomEagle View Post
    So i finally got a working control box for my various ZR3 parts... but i think the rear head I have is shot...

Anyone have any spare or old zr3/4 heads sitting around even with bad wires that they'd want to get rid of?

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by KustomEagle View Post

I don't think the rear is shot, it's most likely the shoddy wiring, run a tone trace on it I'm sure it's in the wiring.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by duhtroll View Post
    I have two working front heads that I have cut the wires off of. Long story, but I was eventually going to rewire them and use them on a different vehicle. I'm not sure I need them. The plastic on these heads is a bit chewed up due to road wear - pebbles, bugs, etc. but last time I tested them they worked fine.
    what would I have to do to take ownership of these

and lucky it probably is but i've tried and i get no response... i'll remove all the wiring and replace it soon

/edit: anyone know if a front head can be used in place of a rear head on the control box and it not crack out?

Experienced

Uh, buy me a sammich? Seriously, not looking to get anything out of them. I just have to wait until I can get a jaws of life to get them off the car. Really I just need to get the car on a lift so I can really wrench on the fasteners.

That's what I get for installing them to the bumper with steel washers and machine screws.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by duhtroll View Post
    Uh, buy me a sammich? Seriously, not looking to get anything out of them. I just have to wait until I can get a jaws of life to get them off the car. Really I just need to get the car on a lift so I can really wrench on the fasteners.

That's what I get for installing them to the bumper with steel washers and machine screws.
    heh; i'll buy you a sandwich and cover shipping