Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Radar Fanatic

Thursday afternoon saw a white Charger d/twn Toronto... all NYPD followed by a couple of orange NYC cabs... they were preparing to start shooting for a new movie with, obviously, a current theme... I started while driving in the opposite direction

Good Citizen

Saw another black Charger (or maybe it's the same one as last time) yesterday morning parked under the Haywood Road overpass on I-385 going southbound. I was doing at least 15+, and the left lane folks were probably closer to 20+, and he did not pull out after anyone.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by danielf
    Saw another black Charger (or maybe it's the same one as last time) yesterday morning parked under the Haywood Road overpass on I-385 going southbound. I was doing at least 15+, and the left lane folks were probably closer to 20+, and he did not pull out after anyone.
    The successor to the Camaro, perhaps?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix
    Good post, I would like to see more regional reports on vehicles and tactics.

I'm really puzzled on the mixed reviews of the Chargers. I've heard several poor reviews by LEOs, yet the specs on the vehicles are better than the Crown Vics.
    Primarily sight lines. I remember one officer in a testing group that voiced concern that "This car will get me killed!" because there are huge blindspots on the car. With the Vic, you can see pretty well, but the Dodge's have blindspots that are pretty big. Blindspots do make a difference. I've had alot of problems doing things in my G5 (Think: Chevy Cobalt) because of the huge blind spot that exists between the end of the door to the rear window.

Another problem is recongizability. Usually if someone in a Crown Vic pulls you over, most of the time, its very obvious its a cop. Meanwhile in a Charger, since alot of people don't usually identify the Dodge as a cop car, they sometimes brush it off as some dumbass playing with strobelights, or a volunteer fire fighter.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by bcorby
    Quote Originally Posted by danielf
    The successor to the Camaro, perhaps?
    Yeah, no kidding! Although, I haven't seen the unmarked Chargers regularly patrol any particular locations. I guess time will tell.

I wonder now how long it will be before the Greenville County traffic units get their Chargers.