Good Citizen

Default road trippin-DE, MD, VA... CT, RI, NY, MA?

ok so this wednesday im goin down to VA. i'll be through...

-Delaware
    -Maryland
    -VA obviously

then, next monday, i'll be off to cape cod which brings me though....

-New York
    -Rhode Islade
    -Connecticut
    -Massachusetts

what methods of enforcement do these states use on main interstates? i know NY has POP, but any other things i should be aware of or concerned about?

i'll be traveling during the day if that helps...

Radar Fanatic

I'm assuming that you are coming up 95? In CT you can expect instant k-band radar as well as laser. I think that pacing is mostly an after-dark phenomenon but you should be looking out for unmarked cars anyway. If a darkly-tinted Ford or GM vehicle does anything strange slow down and see what's up. They don't have special plates to identify them. RI uses instant and rarely-triggered Ka radar and laser from mostly marked vehicles. Pay special attention to the median in RI within the first dozen or so miles of the CT border! I always see at least one...no exceptions. Finally, I have seen mostly laser and K-band (constant and instant) from MA staties. A few of us have seen X-band in MA too, so be careful before you disregard an alert as a false.

Scratonicity Groupie

alright here is the hookup

if you are traveling near Dover watch our for laser on 1 North or South when you approach the base. the speed drops to 55 so keep it at that until you are well clear of the base. laser is the biggest threat but they use Ka some...

if you are traveling on 95 and touching the tip of DE they have a new speed trap they have been working pretty heavy right at the line between DE & MD. I have hit this twice both times early in the morning around 8am. everytime they are using 3 to 4 cops cars on both 95 North & South with one officer on each side shooting laser. the good thing its just pro laser III so its pretty easy to defeat just be mindful. If you are coming through DE its the area that is right past the rest area that is right in the middle, the road will get very straight and start to crest up a hill. its right on top of the hill where they sit

now MD is not easy to predict and I dont know your route of travel but here goes.

if you are traveling 95South which I'm guessing you are then keep your eyes peeled from exit 100 to 77. you will come across a bridge slow down and keep it at the limit they love to sit on both ends of the bridge and nail people. also as you approach exit 86 keep your eyes out I have been hit near this exit almost 5 times they love to sit here. 90% of the hits you take in MD are going to be from laser so this is good. i however dont know what they use. if someone knows I would really appreciate it.

as you travel in MD they have alot of sneaky vehicles. they use Blue & White both solid color mustangs unmarked. I've noticed a few blue camors totally unmarked. And I belive it was a unmarked ford exibition they use. they'll take the ford exibition and park it in the median in front of there cop car and shoot laser from the side door. totally sneaky and always freaks me out been hit with this 2 times.

anytime you approach a construction site and its sunny anticipate some sort of LEO hanging around the area.

I have all kinds of more information i'll post up tonite for ya

Good Citizen

GREAT info.... so laser is my biggest threat....

i would say YAY, i get to test the lidatek.... but now we arent bringing my car. this means i wont have my lidatek, or my X50.... but i dont think im gonna drive, so i'll just worn whoever is driving to stay OUT of the left lane and under 10 over.

Newcomer

Most of the staties in mass use K or KA. I have yet to see X-band and rarely see laser except in boston and on the mass pike. As for 95 there is almost never a speed trap between providence and boston. It's a great and safe road to go a little faster than normal without much worry of a speed trap.

Good Citizen

just got back from VA.... had a blast at kings dominion

we actually took my car, heres what i ran into

-instant/constant x-band on the turnpike (as usual)
    -instant on ka-band in DE
    -instant/constant ka-band in MD
    -laser sighting in MD, STILL not targeted tho
    -constant on Ka-band, moving instant on k-band from a local LEO (on I95), and airborn vascar in VA

Newcomer

Default Mass and RI

Massachusetts has expanded their laser use from the typical Mass Pike (Rt. 90). They bought about 40 more laser guns from what I saw on the local news. They showed the State Police using them on TV. Most of the people only got pulled over above 80 mph. Cars can be unmarked, especially the black, all tinted window, Dodge Intrepid crawling around MA highways. Most crusiers use K.

RI uses laser and Ka. Haven't seen K, but assum ethey still use it. RI actually had X for a long time, not sure if it is all gone. Most cars are marked (light gray cruisers). They also use large light gray Suburbans. Watch out entering RI from Conneticut on Rt. 95, like the other guys said.

Good Citizen

thanks guys, tomorrow is it.... FINALLY im gonna see my lidatek in action.

and if i dont im gonna be really, really pissed.

i just got a new video camera with a tripod and stuff, so i'll be taping the whole trip. when i get back anything exciting will be posted.

Suf Daddy

Default Re: Mass 95 N Northshore to NH

Sunday Aug 14 saw two State Police, one marked, one unmarked AND HEAVILY tinted. These were around Georgetown, Byfield around exit 54.

The ENTIRE stretch from the 128 95N split in
    Peabody MA (exit 47-ish) to the NH border EXPECT LIDAR and radar under the bridge abuttments.

CLUE:
    THEY most likely park PERPENDICULAR under the bridge and LIDAR out the drivers window.........
    Sunday Aug 14 2005

-Suf Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by boxster
    Massachusetts has expanded their laser use from the typical Mass Pike (Rt. 90). They bought about 40 more laser guns from what I saw on the local news. They showed the State Police using them on TV. Most of the people only got pulled over above 80 mph. Cars can be unmarked, especially the black, all tinted window, Dodge Intrepid crawling around MA highways. Most crusiers use K.

RI uses laser and Ka. Haven't seen K, but assum ethey still use it. RI actually had X for a long time, not sure if it is all gone. Most cars are marked (light gray cruisers). They also use large light gray Suburbans. Watch out entering RI from Conneticut on Rt. 95, like the other guys said.

Default I-70 MD

I used to drive PA to MD/DC every week for my job for two years!! It got old....... Watch I-70 into Maryland (hagerstown/frederick etc...) All they use is laser they either hide between this row of trees (you will know what I mean when you see it). or bottom of hills. I ended up getting a warning one night booking with my X-50. He got me 80 in 65....... This is before I knew about this site and countermeasures... It also saved me many times... You will also encounter very rare stationary K band. 99% laser

Also, Beach traffic to Ocean City MD watch route 50 another laser haven....

I covered VA/DC/MD for two years driving.

Ryan