Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Austin Police Aggresive Driving Sting "The Bus"

This is the local TV station that covered the operation. I am the motorcop speeding ahead to bag a violator. I think he changed lanes multiple times without signaling intent. The videos are posted on the left side of the web page.

Austin News - KEYETV.com - KEYE CBS 42

F

Default Re: Austin Police Aggresive Driving Sting "The Bus"

Here is another video. (I'm not in this one)

APD Watching for Aggressive Drivers over holiday wekend

Speed Demon

It's about time the right people get pulled over. Thank you and great job!

Yoda of Radar

This is particularly effective in Texas, where we do not embrace public transportation like in other states. There is a very anti-public transportation attitude in Texas, so people get pissed off easier when driving around buses than at other times. With them stopping all the time, pulling into traffic without warning, and just generally creating a lot of noise and smog, as well as transporting thieves to and from the Ghetto day and night, we often find ourselves pissed off and driving aggressive around them. In other states, buses are more of an established part of the culture that is more well accepted.

Fritter, are you guys pretty much continually driving, or are you simulating passenger pick-ups and such?

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Speed Demon

I feel like Austin embraces public transportation more than other Texas cities, such as Dallas; for buses atleast especially because of the UT shuttle system.

Yoda of Radar

Oh yeah, definitely so. The head in Austin is palpably different than the rest of the state (as I suppose it may be in most state capitals). But it's still Texas, lol.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit05 View Post
    It's about time the right people get pulled over. Thank you and great job!
    A big X2 to that.

Lead Foot

How about pulling people over that constantly drive in the left lane (if that's illegal in TX).

This would never fly in Georgia. Legislators would ban this as quickly as it started. There are a lot of anti-policing laws in effect regarding catching speeders, one of which requires visibility and prohibits entrapment.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fritter View Post
    This is the local TV station that covered the operation. I am the motorcop speeding ahead to bag a violator. I think he changed lanes multiple times without signaling intent. The videos are posted on the left side of the web page.

Austin News - KEYETV.com - KEYE CBS 42

F

The nerve of that criminal not using his turn signals. I'm surprised you just didn't blow his head right off on the side of the road.

Get a grip already. This is a complete waste of taxpayers money.

The Austin PD received a FEDERAL GRANT so that cops could joyride in buses and hand out tickets.

The country is $11.4 trillion in debt, and this ridiculous "lets ride in a bus and catch speeders" BS is the best the Fed's can come up with to spend YOUR money?

J/

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by jerry540i View Post
    The nerve of that criminal not using his turn signals. I'm surprised you just didn't blow his head right off on the side of the road.

Get a grip already. This is a complete waste of taxpayers money.

The Austin PD received a FEDERAL GRANT so that cops could joyride in buses and hand out tickets.

The country is $11.4 trillion in debt, and this ridiculous "lets ride in a bus and catch speeders" BS is the best the Fed's can come up with to spend YOUR money?

J/
    Excellent post Jerry!