Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Radar detector mute feature(false alarms)laser jammer bypass

We are in final testing of a new feature that interfaces the NavAlert to any radar detector with remote mute input .

(this includes V1 )

This is how it works right now:

1) When you enter an area which falses your detector you double click the user position save feature (click once will only ad user position as normal)

2)Navalert displays “20” pressing menu again increases the value by 5, then after setting your speed threshold (25 - 100) , wait 3 seconds and Navalert resumes normal operation.

3)
    a)
    Now if you enter that user position area under the speed of 25 the unit will output to the radar detector a mute pulse signal. (radius of 200 yards/meters)
    or
    b) over the speed of 25 in the same direction as originally the user position was saved mute signal is sent.

Anytime the unit is sending a radar detector mute , a small led on the navalert will also flash.

If you are to exceed the speed threshold value you set (20 - 100) your navalert will release mute pulsing and alert "reduce speed" and flash speed threshold on the screen.

This system is not fullproof and traveling on road within 200 meters/yards that has a lower speed limit could result in muting of your detector incorrectly. However we believe this would be a rare case .

To use this feature of the NavAlert would require the purchase of a interface cable (29.95 usd) and a software update which would be provided via our website in a future database update.
    **The cable can also be used to turn off laser jammers under set speed limit.

This feature can also be used without the cable at no cost for areas you would like to remind you to reduce speeds, you will not be alerted to them unless you are over speed limit threshold and then simply alerted to reduce speed.

Please let us know any thoughts or ideas on this NavAlert bonus feature.

Chris
    http://www.navalert.com

Good Citizen

That's awesome! I can't wait!

Speed Demon

That's GREAT!This is very good solution for false alarms!
    About the LaserJammer feature.....I don't think this is such a good idea...constantly on/off;on/off;on/off the jammer...better find other solution for this!

Lead Foot

Brilliant! It essentially will give other detectors the features of a 9500, and I think ads significant value to the navalert. I also like the smaller radius, I think the 1mi of the 9500 is too large (even better would be a customizable radius).

Professional

This sounds great i think that this will push me over the fence. If this system works ill be buying one.

Good Citizen

If you have a k band mute at a particular location, and you get an additional signal will it auto mute that as well? I don't think V1 can distiguish between different K band signals.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by sixfootgeek
    If you have a k band mute at a particular location, and you get an additional signal will it auto mute that as well? I don't think V1 can distiguish between different K band signals.
    Yes it will mute EVERYTHING its not designed to filter out falses, its made to mute areas where you dotn want to be bothered by false alarms, as well if you speed in that area it will tell you to reduce speed.

Its the only way to safely mute falses, you ca not just mute one signal and safely think you have radar protection, it just wont work - you can see this is why the 9500i failed.

Good Citizen

That's good to know. Is there a time frame for these cables yet?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by sixfootgeek
    All it is doing is basically pressing the remote mute button (I would assume, repeatedly while you are within range of the location), so your detector will behave as if you had manually done so. In the case of the V1, yes other signals will be muted but you will still get the full-volume new bogey lock tone (unless you have custom progrommed that to be at muted volume).

(right, nav?)

Because we still have no cameras in the northeast I haven't considered the navalert nearly as much as I would if I lived in the southwest, but this adds a big incentive.

Professional

What is going on with this project? I'm still trying to decide about getting a navalert and i believe this would be great with my V1