Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hair spray?

Speed Demon

Default hair spray?

I bumped into my roomate from last year today (he has a built in SR7...I think it's an sr7, it's a built in passport and he got it within the last 2 years...oh and by the way, he said his V1 was a much better detector), and I told him how I got a detector and the next thing to get is a laser jammer. Then I said that while I save up I'm gonna get some VEIL. He said what's that and I said it's so the laser gun can't get a reading. He said that back in Germany (he's german, came here 3 or 4 years ago, I forget) they just used hair spray for that. So...does hair spray jam laser?
    Richard

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: hair spray?

Quote Originally Posted by marlinspike
    I bumped into my roomate from last year today (he has a built in SR7...I think it's an sr7, it's a built in passport and he got it within the last 2 years...oh and by the way, he said his V1 was a much better detector), and I told him how I got a detector and the next thing to get is a laser jammer. Then I said that while I save up I'm gonna get some VEIL. He said what's that and I said it's so the laser gun can't get a reading. He said that back in Germany (he's german, came here 3 or 4 years ago, I forget) they just used hair spray for that. So...does hair spray jam laser?
    Richard
    I'm no VeilGuy, but I'm going to have to gues that it's mostly nonsense. You might get a 0.0000001% reduction in laser return just from making everything dirty. (Hair spray is just glue, after all.)

More importantly, I think I could make an educated guess as to what's in Veil and there's no reason that it or something like it would be in hair spray. The key is to absorb IR radiation efficiently and there are precious few materials that can do that without absorbing too much visible light as well.

But hey, I'd be OK if someone proved me wrong. Not so good for VeilGuy, though.

Advanced Member

I remember back in the day when the "hot tip " was a ball of tin foil in your hub cap would make the cops radar ineffective........ I did some field research ......the noise drove you nuts....and it DIDN"T work...... ops:

Newcomer

hair spray was used 15 years ago on the license plate against photo radar.
    With the flash the licence plate becomes unreadable because of the reflection. Now the pictures are stored on a computer so you can adjust the contrast if the licence plate is overexposed so it's useless.

Experienced

wrong if the photo is over exposed that means the source or that area is unreadable or over bright in general and adjusting contrast will only make the bright area appear darker and the license plate will then also go darker as well you would have to make the underlayer of the photo get brigher while the over expose gets darker for it to work. And from being in photography for some many years and running a photograph shop this is extremely hard and requires more then a average joe on a computer doing it also not to mention time consuming. And even if you do chances are you might pick off one or two numbers but not the whole plate. no matter how good your photoshop is. Take a couple of photography classes you will learn allot about overexposure. Take it from someone who knows and desperatley tryed to recover somebodys overexposed important document photos.

Speed Demon

BFG, what you not shoot digital or something? Shoot in RAW with a prosumer dSLR and you can gain gain back about 1.9stops, witha pro dSLR you can get 2.5-3 stops. Though some how I doubt the state is shooting raw and has people post-processing photos.
    Richard

Banned

Default blinder m20 laser jammer

Guys, I'm sorry to break it to you, but photo radar spray or hairspray no longer works. Speed Measurement Labs tested this and it was shown on a Seattle news broadcast.

click the link below to view the video!

http://www.laserjammer.citymax.com/f...fails_test.wmv

Chris

www.laserjammertests.com

Professional

Bah i knew this stuff didn't work.. from personal experience

Good Citizen

So does that mean, that Photoblocker doesn't work on Digital photo radar only or even on normal film photos? :cry:
    Seriously considering getting a can too!

Banned

Default laser jammer tests

I think it'll work on the older film photo radar units.

www.laserjammertests.com