Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Power User

Default Re: Dash mounted strobes?

Windshield washers work well on the bikers.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by glockboy20 View Post
    oh fukn bikecycles riders ya i hate those dumb fuks portland there always getting hit and dragged on ppls car lots road rage they got attitudes too like they own the road.. i f'd one up before too then i drive to battleground and there riding all over the country road in a race getting in my way i did 80mph 2inches from them and my mirror TRY ME il run u over too take that crap to a trail n ride

If there's no bike lane, I stick to sidewalk. Even if there's a bike lane, I try to stick to the side walk (though I think it's technically illegal), mostly since I don't trust people seeing me...

Advanced Member

Hey a$$-holes!!!!

It's Illegal for bikes to be on sidewalks!!!!!! In that posted photo plenty of room to safely pass the biker with no on coming traffic!

I have riden down the middle of the road at times but I am doing 45mph in a 25mph and people still want to pass me.

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post
    Hey a$$-holes!!!!

It's Illegal for bikes to be on sidewalks!!!!!!
    I hate that excuse, that law is NOT enforced and CERTAINLY isn't enforced out in BFE with nobody on the sidewalk. When I was a kid, I had the self preservation instinct and I had common courtesy, so I kept to the sidewalks whenever possible.
    In that posted photo plenty of room to safely pass the biker with no on coming traffic!
    Why should I go out of my way when he can't ride in the middle of the bike lane? Should I drive 10MPH simply because there is an empty turning lane where people can pass me?

Good Citizen

That bike should be in the center of the lane, agreed. But bikes should not be on sidewalks. I'm not a big enthusiast and not every fast, and I can do 15-25mph on a bike. That is not sidewalk speed, full stop. There is absolutely no rider at over 10mph should ever be on a sidewalk, where children, dogs, etc are all prime targets.

I ride center-right in bike lanes and about a foot further out than cars without them. You only get doored once (by some asshole in a car) before you start riding in the middle of the lane. I'm sorry if you have to take your foot off the gas to pass, it's ten seconds to you and possibly a riders life.

I get that a lot of bikers have this "holier than thou" and "do whatever" attitude, but drivers need to grow up and realize they need to give a little respect to get it.

Banned

Here in Georgia you'd be flirting with a charge of impersonating an officer with those strobes. You never know... you could end up turning them on an off-duty LEO and getting busted when he writes down your plate number. Don't know about other states but yellow it the only color non-police/fire can use --- and even then its only for specific types of vehicles and use.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by rickr View Post
    That bike should be in the center of the lane, agreed. But bikes should not be on sidewalks. I'm not a big enthusiast and not every fast, and I can do 15-25mph on a bike. That is not sidewalk speed, full stop. There is absolutely no rider at over 10mph should ever be on a sidewalk, where children, dogs, etc are all prime targets.

I ride center-right in bike lanes and about a foot further out than cars without them. You only get doored once (by some asshole in a car) before you start riding in the middle of the lane. I'm sorry if you have to take your foot off the gas to pass, it's ten seconds to you and possibly a riders life.

I get that a lot of bikers have this "holier than thou" and "do whatever" attitude, but drivers need to grow up and realize they need to give a little respect to get it.
    If there's nobody on the sidewalk I don't see the problem, obviously if there are, stay off the sidewalk.

If only more people would ride like you! Personally, I live in the country, 2 lane windy roads with a decent amount of traffic, many, many times I'll have the people with death wishes riding in the road with no shoulder, only a ditch, and either do it on blind hills, blind corners or simply when there is a lot of oncoming traffic and can't pass. It's not OK for me to drive my car 10MPH and block traffic, why is it OK for them? I see it as a total lack of courtesy to the people who are trying to go about their days. I can't even enjoy a nice drive up to Mt St Helens and not get behind 50 damn bikes all pedaling uphill. Then we've got the retards in "Critical Mass" riding around Portland in huge groups blocking entire lanes solely for the purpose of showing everyone how much better they are than people driving cars.

Radar Fanatic

On many a country road I can see when I come within earshot as the bike dives from the shoulder to the center of the lane forcing me to cross the entire road. I've also had obscenities shouted at me for honking has I crawl at 5mph on a saturday morning in more urban areas, while stuck behind a pack of cyclists riding 5 abreast (3 abreast until they heard me) as we passed the 3rd giant (3ft x 5ft) sign saying "bycicles must ride single file" and typically I'll see the bike lane, with the cyclist in the car lane, I've even once had to pass using the bike lane because the cyclist thought the car lane was his.

So as far as I'm concerned it's darwinism for oh so many of these folks. And more power to the dumb soccer mom in her H2 that between her latte cell phone and kids doesn't see or notice she's ran over the cyclist.

Experienced

I'm not trying to sound close minded about it, but com'on. I have friends who like to yell at them and such, I just let them know of my dissaproval with an 8 cylinder song.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by glockboy20 View Post
    oh fukn bikecycles riders ya i hate those dumb fuks portland there always getting hit and dragged on ppls car lots road rage they got attitudes too like they own the road.. i f'd one up before too then i drive to battleground and there riding all over the country road in a race getting in my way i did 80mph 2inches from them and my mirror TRY ME il run u over too take that crap to a trail n ride
    [ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=424_1255654330"]LiveLeak.com - Read A Book![/ame]