Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got an opticom

Default Got an opticom

I scored a microdash priority preemption emitter, problem is the xenon strobe is high noticable and i'd like to conceal it by covering the lens with an IR filter, problem is the only IR filter i can find are made for cameras and are attatchable lens's, can anyone help me or give me some suggestions?
    Thanks!

Power User

Default Re: Got an opticom

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser22 View Post
    I scored a microdash priority preemption emitter, problem is the xenon strobe is high noticable and i'd like to conceal it by covering the lens with an IR filter, problem is the only IR filter i can find are made for cameras and are attatchable lens's, can anyone help me or give me some suggestions?
    Thanks!
    You know those are illegal, right?

Power User

Most of us here use some exposed/developed 35mm film sandwiched between plexi to conceal ours... Still not 100% stealth...

Banned

They highly illegal.... Federal offense. A class B felony with a fine up to $10,000 and 6 months in prison. Not something most people here would mess worth. To me its just not worth the risk, especially since many of the traffic lights which use them also have a camera to id the vehicle when it receives the signal. If they have a money back guarantee I'd take them up on it.

Speed Demon

Unless your James Bond, return it. Chances are your gonna get caught. Some guy was caught not too long ago. Made national news.

im in canada, nova scotia to be exact, i cant find it in the mva. anyone know the legality here regarding mirts?

Speed Demon

"Sale and use of the Opticom infrared system is expressly restricted to authorized agencies of government customers, within
    their specific jurisdictions. However, because the infrared signal generated by the Opticom infrared system is not exclusive,
    GTT does not warrant exclusive activation by purchaser. Authorized users who desire to use or coordinate use of the Opticom
    infrared system with that of other jurisdictions must first obtain the prior written approval of each authorized user in the
    jurisdiction where use is sought."

<removed>

Newcomer

You live in an advance Western Democracy.

You should just assume it's illegal. :-(

i know, keeps us all from having some fun: (!