Experienced

Default What does it mean when the audio node flashes rapidly ?

I had my Blinder hooked up to the Cheetah. I removed the Blinder to reinstall in a new car. While out, I downloaded the newest software to the cpu by connecting it to my laptop and running the newest version.

I then repowered the cpu and cheetah at the battery and connected the audio node to the cigarette lightter fuse. Started up the car to flash the heads but the audio node just keeps flashing (red, green and gold +). I figured it would stop when the heads reprogrammed but no.

I am getting power to the cpu because the green led light is on.

Any suggestions?

Experienced

Default Re: What does it mean when the audio node flashes rapidly ?

It means you probably didn't follow the directions in the Cheetah manual properly. Did you reconfigure the Blinder's audio settings the way you are supposed to as direct by the Cheetah manual? When you updated the Blinder it should have reset the audio options which would require you to modify them and save the settings for it to integrate properly with the Cheetah.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by fatchick1o9 View Post
    It means you probably didn't follow the directions in the Cheetah manual properly. Did you reconfigure the Blinder's audio settings the way you are supposed to as direct by the Cheetah manual? When you updated the Blinder it should have reset the audio options which would require you to modify them and save the settings for it to integrate properly with the Cheetah.
    As it turns out, you are correct. I did not notice the startup sound box at setup. I will try again, Thanks

Experienced

no worries mate. we all make mistakes on occasion. I didn't post the page & subsection of the Cheetah manual because that little note in there, regarding the Blinder M27, is located in different parts of different manuals depending on which Cheetah product you are using.

Experienced

Problem Solved thanks to Fatchick 1o9. So, apparently when the updater reads the cpu and you turn off the sound, turn on constant jamming and adjust the alert time to 1 second, you have to SAVE the settings FIRST because once the download starts, it will revert to the last SAVED settings. Oh well. All done.

Experienced

yep. just changing the settings does not save them. you have to change them then click SAVE. lesson learned. atleast others will know now how to resolve a similar issue when they run into the same situation.