Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Redflex GoSafe AGD340 radar reception and range

Quote Originally Posted by forgewire View Post
    The laser gun was mounted on a tripod and cop was aiming it at the cars. There was a space to pull me over but they didn't. I didn't pay attention to any other equipment around the gun. Hopefully I'm ok.
    I reckon you are OK as well. They usually do pull you over there and then when running laser so if they let you go, you probably were not going fast enough for them to bother with you.

If it was a GoSafe van, you would have been screwed though.

Experienced

Hi folks. I've changed car ( got mazda6 ) and have problems with my Redline now. The problem is that Mazda6 has RVM (rear vehicle monitoring radars) which interfiere with my RD. Redline goes off every couple of minutes like crazy. I think I have to get smth with band segmentation (STI Driver or Stinger). RD goes off on K band 2244, 2156 Ghz.
    Stinger-Ireland, is your Stinger allows to exclude those frequencies from K band? If so which one DSI or card? Thanks.
    Hi.. DSI will let you filter those out. Card does not have an option to chop off parts of K band. PS i assume the frequencies are 24.244 and 24.156 right?

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ragamix View Post

Hi.. DSI will let you filter those out. Card does not have an option to chop off parts of K band. PS i assume the frequencies are 24.244 and 24.156 right?
    It jumping between those frequensies, the lowest was 24.146. I need to chop everything off from 24.146 and up, so Stinger DSI will do it? How precise the segmentation is on Stinger DSI?

Experienced

Just be careful that you don't chop off the multanova van.
    And on that note, can anyone give a list of precise freqs that the go safe vans etc operate on

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by ragamix View Post

It jumping between those frequensies, the lowest was 24.146. I need to chop everything off from 24.146 and up, so Stinger DSI will do it? How precise the segmentation is on Stinger DSI?
    setting the upper K band filter to +4 should filter off everything from 24.146 up; still keep in mind that the frequency can fluctuate depending on the temperature. also not all radar detectors display the exact same frequency - that's also something to keep in mind
    Last edited by ragamix; 06-16-2011 at 04:17 AM.

Radar Fanatic

I have seen these vans operating between 24.064 - 24.085. Nothing higher or lower. I have forgotten to check the display on many occasions but I have been dealing with the same 3 vans in my area all the time so they should be the same or thereabouts.

I do not know about any of the other vans around the country but the ones I found do seem to be in the lower K band so the Stinger should not cut off these frequencies if you cut off all above 24.146.

I reckon you would be fine with the Redflex vans but I have no idea what the ROBOT Multanova C vans frequencies are so I cant comment on them.

Experienced

multaradar C works on 24.100GHz so again - upper filter to +4 will do the magic

Radar Fanatic

Well, I found this van yesterday and did a few passes while I was there.

First run, I didnt know it was there until I saw it a few secs before the STi-R + went off...

Next pass to see how the forward facing detection was...

Next pass with the V1 vertical for comparison...

Unfortunately, I had auto lock switched on all the time because I forgot to disable it so it actually locked out the van after the previous 3 passes. D'oh...

One more pass after I erased all the marked locations/locked out areas and it was alerting again. V1 vertical again...

Radar Fanatic

Sorry for the double post but I thought it would be best to keep the 2 lots of clips apart. I found this van on the N20 and it was transmitting this time despite the last few times I saw them in the same place, they were not running radar at all there for some reason .

First run. Sorry about the quality but the sun was causing a shadow in that area and the camera does not see well in those conditions...

Next run, V1 normally mounted and the STi-R Plus gets nearly 600 metres range on it from the rear...

One more run with the V1 vertical for comparison and it makes a big difference alright...

The STi-R Plus almost seemed to be asleep for a while LOL. The V1 picked up the van at around the same point the Plus had in the previous run and the Plus waited a few seconds longer to alert than last time also. I guess having 2 RDs is better than one as one of them can be sluggish at any given time.

Hope ye enjoy the videos .

Radar Fanatic

Well, I found another one today. Admittedly, I was looking for one but I scored on the first one of their local spots that I looked for them LOL. Here's the video...

At first I was wondering why the V1 did not go off but the STi-R+ did not fully ramp up as I passed by the van either. Not even close. On top of that, I came back the other way 2 minutes after that and the van was gone so what I reckon happened was that the van operator was just turning off the radar as I approached. The STi-R+ is vertical in the grill but the V1 is mounted normally still so he switched off the radar just before I came within the range the V1 could detect it at in the regular mount and the STi-R+ was just alerting after the fact (like it usually does) as I was going by.

Still was weird at the time though .