Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Trip!

Speed Demon

Default Road Trip!

My family and I are taking a road trip out to Rochester Saturday morning and spending the night there as well for my cousions graduation. I'm expecting to see alot of instant-on and laser...Should I be expecting anything else do ya think? Hopefully i'll see some speed traps or something since my dad wont use my radar detector he said "im not going to be speeding so what the hell do i need to use it for" is there usually alot of speed traps out towrds Rochester?

Yoda of Radar

If you are taking the thruway you are bound to see a few traps between the way there and back... NYST's will use Ka Instant-on mostly, a decent amount of laser, and then surprise you with some K band use.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    If you are taking the thruway you are bound to see a few traps between the way there and back... NYST's will use Ka Instant-on mostly, a decent amount of laser, and then surprise you with some K band use.
    Sweet. I hope I see all the above since my dads not a speeder. 5 over 95% of the time.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Radar 4 Ever
    Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    Sweet. I hope I see all the above since my dads not a speeder. 5 over 95% of the time.
    8) man sounds like my dad

Speed Demon

my dad loves to gun it. he's always wanting to borrow my detector when he drives to NYC and other places for business.

I haven't encounted any instant-on myself in NY. when I drove out to syracuse from boston, I just found a lot of LEO's parked on the side of the road, and a lot gunning it down the left lane. A lot of steady KA band. no laser.

Radar Fanatic

my dad doesn't speed TOO much but he didn't mind using my v1 to go on a trip to canada as he said it saved him from a few tickets :wink: 8)

Speed Demon

Alot of times my friends ask if they can use my RD for trips that they go on. I tell them no alot because I mean first off K band falses sometimes and going on the NYST you have to know what your up against... I wouldnt want my friends getting a ticket beacuse of them not knowing how cops use there radar/laser.

Speed Demon

yes that's true, a lot of people that don't have their own detector do not how to use them and automatically assume that they are all just a hoax.

Advanced Member

Anything faster than 75 is a guaranteed tickets :twisted:

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios
    yes that's true, a lot of people that don't have their own detector do not how to use them and automatically assume that they are all just a hoax.
    When I have friends in the car they think "OH SHYT RADAR DETECTOR YOU CAN GO LIKE 200" im like yeah not the case.