Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KBand 24.195?

Founder of Stealthvation

Default KBand 24.195?

This is frequency that my detectors have had difficulty detecting in Sheffield Village, Ohio
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Administrator

Default Ka band

There are commonly four frequencies used for Ka and they are 33.8, 34.7, 35.5, and 34.6 (photo radar)

Not aware of the freqency that you are having problems detecting. What police department is using this frequency and anyway to find out the make and model of the radar guns??
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Founder of Stealthvation

Sheffield Village, Ohio and they use mostly while mobile and not stationary

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Administrator

Default Models

Be interested in finding out what model guns they are using
    RadarBusters.com
    Also Join me at -

Founder of Stealthvation

Can you tap into your resources to find out? These darn things are VERY difficult to detect. All of the detectors (V1 v1.8, X50, RD850) that I have used and am using ALL have given me similar results, VERY short warning to the point to where I CAN NOT speed through there even though I have all of this equipment. The speed limit is 35mph I ususally like to go 45mph but NOT through there. In fact I have a friend that USED TO be a police officer there and he used to brag about how many people he would pull over that had a detector. PLEASE try to do your best to find out.

buyradardetectors rocks!

Administrator

Default Resources

What I would recommend, is call the police department and tell them that you are doing a research project on traffic radar enforcement and want to know the type of radar guns that are used. Just call the right department, the traffic enforcement or motors would be where I would start.

After things slow down for the holidays, I can call, but it would be awhile
    RadarBusters.com
    Also Join me at -

Manufacturer

Default Make sure Ka reception is set to USA

After speaking with a detector mfr, I got some advice for setting Ka sensitivity.

If you are in the US - use Ka USA, not Ka Intl

Apparently Ka Intl filters out some Ka and changes reception sensitivity to look more toward the region used internationally (smaller bandwidth) than the std US which looks at the wider band.

If you have your rx65 set to Ka Intl you may be limiting your ability to pick up some Ka. The 8500 x50 doesn't appear to have this feature.

Unfortunately, this is not well documented in the manual.

Don't know if it applies here, but thought you'd like to know anyway.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

Default USA Vs. Intl.

The info that I got from Bel regarding the setting was exactly the opposite. The gentleman that I spoke with from Bel advised me that the USA settings scans only 33.8GHz, 34.7GHz, and 35.5GHz. It skips all the rest. The Intl setting sweeps the entire Ka band from end to end. With the frequencies that Roy posted above, the USA setting on the Bel RX would, presumably, miss Ka photo radar on the USA setting. (Although the frequencies are pretty close together [34.7 v. 34.6] depending on how far it scans on the sides of each frequency, might or might not get it). The USA and INTL setting is just a re-manifestation of the old Bel Accusweep setting.

Now if the only frequencies of concern to you were one of the ones listed above, the USA setting would yeild a faster response, as the time spent sweeping the Ka band is reduced substantially, but if you happened to come upon a radar that allows the officer to change the frequency (I believe one of the stalker models allows this, as stalker has a license to transmit anywhere in the Ka superwide band) or if you came upon a radar that had fallen out of calibration or one on an uncommon frequency, you'd get no warning whatsoever, even at point blank range. I'd sure rather have a later warning than no warning at all!

Manufacturer

Default Damn!

Hmmm.

I hate being given bad advice!

[Unless of course, that's what he meant by limiting the search for typical US bands instead of the entire band [at the expense of some quickness]]

I should note that the detector mfr was NOT Bel that I spoke to.

Shame on me for not get confirmation [and posting what I was told]. Which I will promptly do now.

Mea Culpa!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention as I would hate to be driving around with the wrong Ka setting!

Perhaps the only way to really confirm the difference is to test Ka sensitivity with both settings and see if there is a difference.

I don't believe anyone has done this detailed of a test yet. :?:

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Advanced Member

24.195 GHz?

This should be within spec for most K band radar units. These usually spec to 24.150 +/- 100MHz, so anywhere between 24.050 and 24.250 would be within spec.

I would think that 24.195 would be considered normal?

Now, I don't know how close most radar units are to exactly 24.150, but I do know that most gunn oscillators are not known for frequency stability, it could drift slowly with changes in temperature etc. But, in speed radar applications this doesn't matter: the reflected signal is mixed with the transmitted signal leaving the doppler shift freq, so it would all be relative.

Since 24.195 is within the "window", I would think that most detectors could pick this up no problem. Maybe it's instant on? K-band pop?

Glad I don't have to drive through Ohio much, seems like a very tough state as far as speed enforcement goes!

Jim