Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: License Plate

Professional

the repro plates you are talking about are fiberglass, and an exact duplicte of state issued plates minus the 3M retroreflective material.

You would be hard pressed to tell the difference during the daylight, but I am sure a leo would notice it instantly at night time.

As for getting stopped with one, I am guessing a good BS line to say is "my front plate was missing, so I found this one, is there a problem?

Ignorance is no excuse, but it just might save you from an equipment violation ticket if it is noticed and a traffic stop ensues. I am guessing that a leo would need to be very Nazi-like to write a citation if the numbers match your current registration. But we all know there are many out there like that.

I have the website in my favorites, I'll repost with the address when I find it.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback
    I have the website in my favorites, I'll repost with the address when I find it.
    How many things you got in your favorites boy??

Professional

I orderd one today. This will def. kill laser detection range. I just need to move my Blinder heads closer to the headlights.

Newcomer

Yoda of Radar

What I find interesting, is that the reflective coating on my state's plates seems to degrade with age. I have a nice shiny week old plate on my car, and it is quite noticeable reflective (though it isn't as reflective as some other states like NY for example). But I looked at another plate I have from '91 or so, identical plate design and construction, but the coating appears to have degraded noticeably.

Newcomer

Yoda of Radar

I think we're closing in on 25 years here with the plate style Before this one, we got a new plate style every year, new colours, new typeface, very cool. Too bad...

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by bauzer71487
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchback
    How many things you got in your favorites boy??

I have so much crapola in my favorites I cant even believe it, and the fact that I use 4 different browsers doesn't help much either. Still looking though. I'll find it soon.