Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: License Plate

Professional

Default License Plate

Any body know where i can order those custon non-refelective License plates?

Advanced Member

Hey Hookem202, you may already know this, but as a warning, it is illegal to have anything covering your license plate here in Texas. Becareful!
    Outside Independence Hall when the Constitutional Convention of 1787 ended, Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."

-V1 3.872 (1.3 Mi. C/O Ka pointed away from me. 3.6 Mi. C/O K)-Bel RX65 New Backup (4.1 Mi. C/O Ka 35.494 Ghz, light traffic) -Laser Interceptor Gen-8 Dual (No saves yet ) -Bel 980. -Galaxy DX 959 with a peak and tune.
    -Wilson Lil' Wil antennae. -Whistler 1585. -Whistler 1430. -Passort 3200 w/ 1000 laser detector (got stolen, bought one off ebay for nostalga).
    -Cobra Trapshooter RD-31XX? (Can't remember silver/teardrop shape X, K only). -Cobra Trapshooter RD-3110 (my first RD in 1987, when Cobras were good, bought one off ebay for nostalga new in the box). -Kustom HAWK. -Kustom Falcon cordless K Band. -Kustom Talon.

Professional

i know. I have had my laser shield on for over a year and no problem. I saw a website that made liscence plate that were non-reflective.

Advanced Member

Cool, I figuered since you were in a college town, the local police would be looking for that sort of thing.
    Outside Independence Hall when the Constitutional Convention of 1787 ended, Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."

-V1 3.872 (1.3 Mi. C/O Ka pointed away from me. 3.6 Mi. C/O K)-Bel RX65 New Backup (4.1 Mi. C/O Ka 35.494 Ghz, light traffic) -Laser Interceptor Gen-8 Dual (No saves yet ) -Bel 980. -Galaxy DX 959 with a peak and tune.
    -Wilson Lil' Wil antennae. -Whistler 1585. -Whistler 1430. -Passort 3200 w/ 1000 laser detector (got stolen, bought one off ebay for nostalga).
    -Cobra Trapshooter RD-31XX? (Can't remember silver/teardrop shape X, K only). -Cobra Trapshooter RD-3110 (my first RD in 1987, when Cobras were good, bought one off ebay for nostalga new in the box). -Kustom HAWK. -Kustom Falcon cordless K Band. -Kustom Talon.

Power User

Guys im in Texas too, ive had my front plate OFF for like 4 months and no cops have ever cared, even ones that I see in front of conveniance stores sipping their coffee on the sidewalk looking STRAIGHT AT IT havent said a word (they were probably too busy staring at the X50 but who knows)

and my Campus police (UT Arlington) Dont seem to care either, nor do the Local Arlington PD......and they shoot Laser more than RADAR in my experiences with them

but one thing about my car is that there are no holes on the bumper, it wanst drilled into the bumper like most other cars, so I can play innocent and say that it didnt come with any mounting spots when I bought it

Newcomer

Default Re: License Plate

Radar Fanatic

I recall seeing a link where license plates could be ordered that supposedly were non reflective or laser poof- did a search but cant find it. I remember them specifically showing an Arizona plate I think it was.

Professional

Ya thats the website im looking for. I also did a search and found no results.

Good Citizen

http://www.cr8apl8.com/faq.html

I think this might be it.[/url]

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckSTI_User
    http://www.cr8apl8.com/faq.html

I think this might be it.[/url]
    I am not sure. I thought the link I saw had something to do with "fake" (non metallic?) plates that would be effective either against photo radar or laser or maybe even both.