10 8.40%

7 5.88%
  • too many to count

21 17.65%
  • none

36 30.25%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Professional

Default How many speeding tickets have you gotten?

this should be interesting

Professional

i havent gotten any :wink: , yet :twisted:

Good Citizen

need a b4 rd ownership and after
    I was only 20yrs old and had 2 under my belt and was only allowed 1 more till loss of licence for 6 mths so got my fist rd the rd9xl
    never got one again(touch wood)
    that was 17 yrs ago

Radar Fanatic

I'm sure i can account for 4 speeding tickets. One, 80 kmh in a 60kmh zone, was BS, becasue the LEO had no speed on radar, just estimated it over distance, what a f*ckwit :twisted:
    RR

Stealthcb

Driving since 1983, and I have received four speeding tickets.

Aug 06: 59 in a 40. He was probably right, though I think he estimated it and I didn't check this site until after my court date. This ticket is what pushed me into using an RD.

Dec 05: 79 in a 65. Again, valid. I was distracted and didn't even realize I was passing people.

Sep 99: 45 in a 30. Talking with wife, completely distracted.

June 99: 82 in a 65. Totally bull**** ticket. Was in the silver Windstar with my wife and three kids in AZ. Going downhill AT the PSL when a silver Caravan passed us, hauling ass. I pulled off the road to let the trooper by so he could catch the other van, but he ticketed me. Totally crap. My wife even agrees.

I also got a "speed unsafe for conditions" following a solo accident in Feb. But I was already AT LEAST TWENTY under the PSL and the conditions were not within my ability to control. Sudden change from dry road to ice and snow and I hit the guardrail after downshifting and fishtailing. I even TOLD the officer I didn't know my speed, since the 20 under was four miles back and I had slowed down since then. Ugh. BS ticket.

Radar Fanatic

I voted 3 but I really have 5. Oops sorry.
    I got nabbed for speeding 42 in a 35, didnt pay it until.....

School security guards called in a BS careless driving ticket a month later, then I decided to tell my mom about the first ticket. Paid the first one, went to court to plead guilty to the careless. Total bull****, I never once got going the 40mph they said I was going, all the kids were already gone but they still said I was endangering them.

Then I got caught going 90 in a 55, on st patties day at 11:30, he gave me a careless ticket because I was changing lanes without using my blinker. Had a Whistler 1750 the thing didnt beep until the cap was behind me with his lights on.

Then I got a ticket for 42 in a 35 with a friend right behind me. I pulled off before the cop turned around. My friend got pulled over and I called him(yeah I know stupid), the cop took his phone and told me that if I didnt show up I would be charged with fleeing an officer. I was in front of my friend and I got 42 in a 35 and he got a 47 in a 35. I was driving another friends car with a brand new X50, the cop instant owned us. This was the ticket that made me loose my licence for a month.

Then August of this year I got pulled for 76 in a 55, went to fight it. It got dropped from a speeding tocket possible careless(20 over) to a non-moving violation.

Professional

2 speeding tickets before I bought my x50, one 45 in a 30mph (i can't believe i got ticketed for only 15 over) and the other 68 in a 40mph, this last one was pretty stupid i just floored the car to see how well it accelerates (07 camry v6 with 268hp )

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by DogGod

Then I got a ticket for 42 in a 35 with a friend right behind me. I pulled off before the cop turned around. My friend got pulled over and I called him(yeah I know stupid), the cop took his phone and told me that if I didnt show up I would be charged with fleeing an officer. I was in front of my friend and I got 42 in a 35 and he got a 47 in a 35. I was driving another friends car with a brand new X50, the cop instant owned us. This was the ticket that made me loose my licence for a month.
    never should have went back. most likely he didnt have any of your information, and if your friend would have gave it up or something then thats gay.

but ive been driving for a year, got my x50 the day i got my license and never looked back on it.

Lead Foot

I have got around 12 in the past 6 years. An rd worked for a while but then they kept coming anyways.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by xxbillay
    Quote Originally Posted by DogGod

never should have went back. most likely he didnt have any of your information, and if your friend would have gave it up or something then thats *BEEP*.

but ive been driving for a year, got my x50 the day i got my license and never looked back on it.

Yeah I know, the only problem is the part of town we were in was light residential and some warehouses and only 2 ways out of the complex. Oh well in march I will only have that one ticket.