Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default it is posible to fing something sheep and useful

Hi. I'm looking for radar detector up to 150$ may be little more if worth.

I'm from Lithuania, and as far as I know police using X, K, Ka radars and lazers "VIDEO LAVEG" "TRAFFI PATROL" and also "TRIP - TRACK", in cities also is fotocameras. with what radar detector I can datect that stuff or at least most of it.

P.S. is any radar using Ku band? becuose in neighbour country say's using radar with Ku band.

Lauris

Old Timer

Apparently, the Whistler Pro 58 and 75(?) are good budget RDs. Also, the Beltronics one that they sometimes have on sale at Radio Shack is also a good choice(V895?).

Of course if you want the best protection, you cant go wrong with any of the top 4 (X50, RX-65, V1, STi), thought it'll cost more than 150.

As far as Ku is concerned, it is not used in the US.

EDIT: As far as laser is concerned, youll prolly want a jammer, though that seems to be over your budget. Depending on the car and color you have, you might be able to get away with Veil (and a laser shield if you state requires front lisence plate), though that is all a big maybe without a jammer.

Advanced Member

I would suggest a BEL 550 Euro, Maybe a BEL/Target 330 or BEL 975r

Since you are in europe

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

You mean Whistler Pro 58(~90$) &Whistler Pro 73(~140$)? it is more differences than display? I mean in detection range? sensitible and else? V895 is Beltronics Vector 895(~150$)? how he is in compare to Whistler Pro 73. mainly how about laser what actual range they are posible to detect laser radar? becouse I don't think that X, K, Ka will be detecting from very diferent ranges.

And that is the firs one of the top 4(X50, RX-65, V1, STi)? becouse now they are out of my pocket, but later who knows.

Experienced

i wouldnt bother with cheap radar, just save up for a decent radar. one of the top 4

Stealthcb

Lituania is kind of small. Is there enough room to get a car over the speed limit?

Just kidding.

If it's Ku band you need, you probably want to save up for the Bel V995. It's rated as the best international detector made, but it will cost you more than $140. More like $280.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcb
    Lituania is kind of small. Is there enough room to get a car over the speed limit?

Just kidding.

If it's Ku band you need, you probably want to save up for the Bel V995. It's rated as the best international detector made, but it will cost you more than $140. More like $280.
    YES, there is enought room to get a car over speed lmit, just don't realy know why, it is becouse lithuania is not so small or it is becouse speed limits are very low :cry:

also kidding 8)

and how about these detectors(top 4 also) in detecting laser? front & raer?

Stealthcb

Valentine 1 ($400) is widely regarded as best at laser detection, but unless you have a jammer, 99% of all laser alerts mean you already have a ticket. I don't know about RX-65 or X50 on Laser, but Pro 73 is very good as well.

Old Timer

Oh, Lithuania....I thought you had said Luisianna ops: Bleh, I guess I cant read :P

and will any of these detectors detect trip-trap? front/rear. becouse we have couple of cars without any marks of police but with trip-trap, and in highways they are dangerous, ang hardly spoting, may be detector helps at least a bit in that position also???