Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 93 in 60

Good Citizen

Default 93 in 60

well my buddy was racing this car lastnight we where probley little less then a 1/2 car ahead of the guy we where racing how can he clock both of us how does he know what one he clocked?

Speedtrap Crasher

Yeah. If he was in position with the right equipment he can clock both of you. In particular the Stalker ATR, Strongest and fastest reading.

I have experience with the Stalker but I'm sure there are other guns that can do this. I don't have the specs loaded in my dome but I'm sure there are several.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Radar Fanatic

OUCH!!!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix
    Yeah. If he was in position with the right equipment he can clock both of you. In particular the Stalker ATR, Strongest and fastest reading.

I have experience with the Stalker but I'm sure there are other guns that can do this. I don't have the specs loaded in my dome but I'm sure there are several.
    Well said, yeah almost all current radar units display fastest and strongest speeds. So more than likely its ligit. On the other hand. The officer doesnt need to actually "clock you" with radar to be able to give you a ticket. He can give a visual estimate, pace, vascar, lidar. Any of those and you can get a ticket. Also im pretty sure a cop will be able to tell that someone is doing 30+ over the limit. Not being one to judge but i believe your friend and the other guy deserved it if yall were really going that fast.

Lead Foot

93? And they were racing????? *snicker*

Radar Fanatic

A lot of places they just arrest you for that, so if he didn't leave in the back of a cruiser he can consider himself lucky. I think he should just chalk it up to a dumb move and quit racing on public roads.

Speedtrap Crasher

I've been clipped for racing under both the "contest of speed" statute and "exhibition of acceleration" which was bogus. Guilty on the 1st, 2nd was thrown out because it was a made up charge. No radar was used in that case since he was walking to his car from a restaurant and saw us go by, but his visual estimate was enough to get me and the other guy a $350 fine.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Stealthcb

Street racing. Still for morons.

Newcomer

Good thing you got a ticket before something serious happened. You could have endangered someone other than yourself. You see it on the news too much.

KEEP THE RACING OFF THE STREETS!

Old Timer

I wanna do a race below the PSL one day. See if they say anything

I'm assuming this was on the interstate, right?