Good Citizen

Default Interesting article in local rag

Hey guys. Just thought you might like to read this. This was on the front page of a local rag in the mid-Hudson Valley.........NY.

Regards

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/...8/camspeed.htm

Good Citizen

BTW..........if that link doesnt work or asks you to log in just go to the main page http://www.th-record.com/ and search the archives for "speeding". It was in the 8/28 paper.

Professional

This information goes along with the discussion I had with LEO 1 at the testing this last weekend.
    I ask him what decides who gets pulled over and who doesn't, his answers were right in line with this article.
    It depends on traffic conditions, how the driver is driving and how close you are to the car in front of you.
    If you drive like you have some sense and you are not tailgating people and switching lanes all the time and not blasting down the road at 15-20 mph over the limit you will find that you will probably not be pulled over.

A little bit of common sense goes a LONG way!

Good Citizen

Default route 17

I heard about Route 17 :twisted: :twisted: A friend had to go for something or other to the court there....He's a ex cop......He asked the cop on duty why he did'nt switch to NYPD :?: :?: :?: The cop said....I make 100'000 grand here.....Route 17 is a big overtime area :cry: :cry: :cry:

Experienced

Yeah apparently i keep hearing that 74mph is a safe speed on the thruway, I usually go 80 and slow down to 74-73mph if I get a radar alert. Just don't drive like an idiot and usually cops wont go out for you, they're waiting for the big dogs.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by yemntftb
    Yeah apparently i keep hearing that 74mph is a safe speed on the thruway, I usually go 80 and slow down to 74-73mph if I get a radar alert. Just don't drive like an idiot and usually cops wont go out for you, they're waiting for the big dogs.
    Not necessarily. Indiana State Police are chasing down drivers for 75 in a 70, with lights and siren. Apparently they are bitter over the speed limit increase.

A lot of small towns around here will write you for five over without hesitation.

GTO_04

Good Citizen

Default who gets tagged

Asked an ex highway cop who gets the ticket in the bunch :?: :?: He said :roll: Pick a number

Longsnowsm

When I get a radar alert I figure I better be within 5mph of the limit or I am toast. One of the guys I work with was ticketed the other night for going 3mph over! He didn't see the officer in one of the other lanes and was just moving with traffic... I guess he "accidently" passed the officer so he wrote him up. Unreal.

Longsnowsm

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    Quote Originally Posted by yemntftb
    Not necessarily. Indiana State Police are chasing down drivers for 75 in a 70, with lights and siren. Apparently they are bitter over the speed limit increase.

A lot of small towns around here will write you for five over without hesitation.

GTO_04
    Yeah right now Indiana is being a real hard ass about the speed limit but like everything else they will let it slide slowly but surely