Newcomer

Default Weak KA1 experience

Hello everyone. This is my first post but I have been reading the forum for a while now.

I have had two different experiences with weak KA1 alert. Once in route 2 MASS and the second time on Newton, MA . My Rx65 only went off with KA 1 after I was align with the cop. I couldn't explain it.

I have other many good experiences with my RX65 and very happy with its performance. I am more concerned if this is some kind new radar or technics they are using.

Thanks.

He could have been using a low power Ka gun with instant on. Another possibility is that he was targeting a vehicle behind you with instant on and you barely picked him up shooting that vehicle. The later is probably not that likely since you said you experienced this twice. This makes me worried because there was another thread just like yours about someone experiencing the same phenomenon with a V1. Do the LEO's in your area use POP?

Newcomer

No, I have never seen POP used. Instant-on yes. Newton LEOs use it a lot. I will try to find what guns doo they use.

Newcomer

I have had many KA encounters. Almost everyweek I see a few KA alert. Newton LEOs use it a lot. I am Sure my RX65 is fine.

I am worried that this is some new technic they use. This also could just an alert from a different LEO from far away.

Longsnowsm

Strange, I just saw this same behavior today with my V1. I had an alert for a second, just a single strength bar blip on Ka. Then there was the cop... It was all pretty close and it appeared he clocked the guy in front of me. So I am not sure what the heck is going on. The radar in the car looked different than the normal white lense type I normally see here. It had a black or dark colored lense, and was in the center of the dash. The LEO was messing with it when I went past. I couldn't see anything more than that though. Maybe something new that is out there... It is very very low power or they have figured out to quick trigger it.

Longsnowsm

Professional

Uh oh. I dont like this at all.

Lead Foot

I have had similar experiences with my RX65. The unit does not aggressively alert to Ka band. For example, I have gotten a Ka1 alert from 2 miles away then again I have also had a Ka1 alert from an officer less than 300 feet away. Anything on Ka band on the RX65 is most likely definitely a cop. The real question is how far away is the cop. Even with a V1 or an X50 which max out pretty early on all bands, low powered Ka band can give low intensity alerts from fairly close. I hate to say it but cops are getting very good at using low power Ka band instant on radar usually aimed across the road or into a hill making detection extremely difficult. I have been warned all too many times by one or two Ka blip(s) or even a false POP alert to police speed traps.