Newcomer

Default Types of speed detection in Oregon???

I just moved here to NW Portland, OR. Got my new '06 Acura RSX-S and finally my V1 and am trying to figure out what the cops use around here....

--Is x-radar used at all? My V1 drives me nuts in the city so I was thinking about disabling the x-band if it's not used.

--How extensively is laser used? I've considered buying some VEIL if laser is used a lot.

--What band does photo radar use?

--Is POP used at all?

--Mainly K or Ka for radar?

Any other tips/hints?

Radar Fanatic

I wish we had more members from Oregon as the state used to have a history of tight speed enforcement some say because of revenue (no sales tax) there used to be a saying that they will give you a ticket for 56 on the highway.
    We have two drivers at work that come in once a week from there I will see if they know radar.
    I have not been through Oregon in three years but they defiantly had X band then and I have also heard that laser is big as well.
    I was shot with laser but not going fast enough for a pull over.
    If I lived there with many falses I would probably shut X off around town then turn it back on for the highway, or turn down the volume or turn off and go the limit, you don't typically want to speed in the city anyway.
    Photo is Ka and I don't know if they use POP.
    Try to keep a vehicle at a substantial distance in front of you going as fast as you are "rabbit" that way you will pick them up being clocked, not you.

Newcomer

Default oregon radar

hey man, yeah, i live in bend, oregon, or near it. they use everything except POP. thats mostly like on the east coast and sh.it. ive had mostly K and KA band hits, and only one X band in the 5 months of having my RD. i havnt had any laserr hits yets. i asked a cop i know what kind of radar and stuff they use around central oregon, and he told me everything including laser, and that the state troopers are using alot of vascar too.

so theres some info for you and everyone else.

peace

Speed Demon

I think they still have very tight enforcment. My mom is on a probationary license because of it. 2 tickets (within 3 months) in her 05 volvo s60. Worst of all, she still tells me I am a bad driver. All I say is "I havent gotten 2 speeding tickets, now have I?" that shuts her up quick. :wink:

That vovlo is so smooth, 100 mph is like 60, and everything just flows when your driving. Reminds me when everyone wanted to race on I-5 and a guy in a hatch cut me off, and sped off after reving at me, and I came around the bend, guess who was sitting on the shoulder being served? hahha... :twisted:

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by NooB1FieD
    I think they still have very tight enforcment. My mom is on a probationary license because of it. 2 tickets (within 3 months) in her 05 volvo s60.
    2 tickets on the highway? Do you know what they clocked her with? Some Volvos may be quick, but they are oh so ugly IMO. :mrgreen:

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by NooB1FieD
    I think they still have very tight enforcment. My mom is on a probationary license because of it. 2 tickets (within 3 months) in her 05 volvo s60. Worst of all, she still tells me I am a bad driver. All I say is "I havent gotten 2 speeding tickets, now have I?" that shuts her up quick. :wink:

That vovlo is so smooth, 100 mph is like 60, and everything just flows when your driving. Reminds me when everyone wanted to race on I-5 and a guy in a hatch cut me off, and sped off after reving at me, and I came around the bend, guess who was sitting on the shoulder being served? hahha... :twisted:
    Who cares about the Volvo... you got a 8) mom :wink: