Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Advanced Member

If it was actually a rabbit, you would never be close enough so that a cop could clock you both at the same time as "strongest" and "fastest" targets. You don't "come up fast" on a rabbit, if you are coming up fast on someone that is just a car you are passing.

A rabbit is preferably someone else who wants to get down the road quickly like you do. You drive behind him, keeping at least a 1/4 mile or so distance in between. If the cop sees him and thinks he's speeding, he'll be the one who gets instant-on'd, and you get an alert on your detector telling you to slow down.

Jim

Power User

Default Re: Radar Gun Speed Lock

Quote Originally Posted by X50 Radar Kid

Say you are coming towards an LEO in which he is also driving toward you.....and he has a stalker unit. The speed limit is 55 and say you are going 70 and you have a rabbit in front of who is going about 60 and you are quickly approaching or closing in on your rabbit.
    Based on this scenario, i agree with jimbonzzz. You don't use a rabbit that's moving slower than you are. You use a rabbit that's going a little faster than you are or going in the same rate of speed at a safe distance. Also follow not only one rabbit but the more the better at a safe distance.

Good Citizen

I got another scenario for you. Say I just passed a car and I am going 70mph.....that car that was going 60mph is not considered a rabbit. He is just another person I am going to pass. So I just stay at 70 mph getting ready to pass the 60 mph guy. Then I get an instant on Ka alert Full Blast. He is shooting the gun in front that I am really close to passing. I was about to pass him but I get a Ka full blast alert and am trying to slow down. Can he see that I was going 70 and see my speed quickly going down to 55 on his radar display unit. By the way I wouldn't do this because you are just asking for a ticket. But mainly Jimbonzz.....what I am after is what are the capabilities of his radar unit. Can he normally just see the persons speed he's aiming at or could he have seen mine as well. 8)

Advanced Member

In that scenario, if the unit has the "fatest vehicle" feature, he could see your speed as the "fastest vehicle" as well as the other guy going 60 as the strongest, and could issue you a ticket based on the fastest vehicle speed if he wanted to.

But here's something to think about: with other radar units without the "fastest vehicle" feature, depending on the situation which one of you is closer etc it might either display your speed at 70 or the other guys speed at 60. Say you were passing him and got an alert, if you braked and the officer wasn't paying close attention it might look like the other guy is overtaking YOU, so he is the one who would get pulled over Probably rare but I have no doubt that stuff like that has happened before.

Jim

Good Citizen

Ok cool thanks for answering my question .
    I was asking because I read the stalker manual and I read about the fastest speed thing. It said the only way to lock the speed was for it to be in the strongest box...but I guess they don't have to lock the speed but just see it show up on the radar unit and think it's you.
    I wonder if mph industries has this feature.....I will check ....but if they don't then he can only see the guys speed thats right in front of him

Good Citizen

I need to just ride with an officer all day to see what he can and can't do when giving tickets.
    I think I have it figured out now.
    The officer doesn't have to lock the speed he sees in the fastest speed box to give you a ticket. But you think stalker or whoever would tell the officers to make sure they know which car was speeding and get that fastest speed option to lock. In order to do that they have to be right in front of you to where that speed goes to the target box and then lock it.
    Otherwise alot of mistakes can happen but oh well..... :shock:

Power User

Here are some answers to your questions. Check this link http://www.pbelectronics.com/ask_an_officer%21.htm

Somehow i can't get the link to work.

edited by SmaartAasSaabr - phpBB won't recognize an exclamation point in a URL, so just copy/paste the link to go.

Edited by jimbonzzz - Link fixed now.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Dead link to PB Electronics

Power User

jimbonzzzz, thanks for fixing the link.