Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Re: a RD that can sense the popo around you?

Quote Originally Posted by someboy0808 View Post
    sorry i will get on doing my research. i believe i need a CD not a RD now, as i stated before, my beltronic sti dirver which is a RD does not work for me. as i live in a urban area, police do not use speed guns and such much....

yes i can see the police, however, you can't always see with your eyes. i got pulled over in a extremely foggy night, the police accused me for not stopping at a stop sign because i was "turning too fast" which is just BS. there are a lot of situations where eyes are simply useless in detecting cops. i was very frustrated , thats why i have decided to get a RD, however i got mixed up RD with CD. what i really need is a CD.

sorry for the frustration, also the cobra is a RD or CD? as you said Cobra and V1 is two different things. from my understanding so far, the V1 is a CD. am i getting this right?

thank you for the help

Are you fuxking with us? Really? Cop detector. Why would anyone want a radar detector when we could all just be using cop detectors? Let us know when you find one. I think their on sale at Circuit City.
    Last edited by Red Turbo Tegg; 08-30-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Red Turbo Tegg View Post
    ...I think their on sale at Circuit City.

the only reason i said CD is because some member suggested it, thanks for the flaming

also the only reason i bought a beltronic sti driver is because i did " research", a lot of reviews said beltronic sti driver is better than V1, thats why i bought it.

turns out? not really that useful
    Last edited by someboy0808; 08-26-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    I think your friend is thinking of the valentine one.
    Yep!

My Valentine One even says "PO PO" every time it starts up, indicating that POPo detection is enabled.

Professional

This thread should be a sticky...Remedial Radar Detector, pre-101.

Final exam:
    A radar detector is a cop detector (true/false)

Experienced

it's all in the name mate RADAR DETECTOR it detects radar it does NOT detect cops or cop cars all though it might seem like that. you see if a leo has a speed radar in his car and is operating it your radar detector will go off because it is detecting the microwave beam coming from the radar in his car but if he has the radar turned off then your radar detector will not go off because there is no microwave beam to detect. everyone has a cop detector you get them when your born your Eye's lol

Professional

Okay I dont know if this is what a "scanner" does... but from my understanding, a scanner shows you the strength of the signal a cop would be using, while a CB would allow you to hear what the cops are saying.

The cops are moving digital so you won't be able to hear what they're saying even if you had a CB (unless you stole a cop one... ugh) but I'm guessing with a scanner, if a cop is hiding or there are cops in the area, and they transmit something via their CB (ie. "here comes a fast one, shoot him with the laser gun as he goes by!") then the scanner would be able to pick that up.

Or maybe I got it wrong, and the device I described above is totally different from a scanner. But such a device would be cool. It would be like a radar detector, only tuned to watch those specific cop CB frequencies instead!

Professional

Also I've been researching and its seems you guys like to follow rabbits. Now it seems to me that rabbits aren't necessarily going the same way you are. Also, rabbits are fast, but I think my car is faster so following one would make you go slower, right? Is this how it works?

Power User

noTe where are you?

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    noTe where are you?
    x3