Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default a RD that can sense the popo around you?

hey guys i bought a beltronic stri driver radar detector, sadly it is not working as i hoped it would be. i live in the bay area, i drove pass police cars many times, and my RD doesn't really alarm me at all !!! and yes it detects those useless speed checks and crap. what are some of the other RD that can detect police around my car? my friend said he saw a RD onces on a magazine that can tell you the numbers of police cars around it... is that true?

Power User

Default Re: a RD that can sense the popo around you?

Quote Originally Posted by someboy0808 View Post
    hey guys i bought a beltronic stri driver radar detector, sadly it is not working as i hoped it would be. i live in the bay area, i drove pass police cars many times, and my RD doesn't really alarm me at all !!! and yes it detects those useless speed checks and crap. what are some of the other RD that can detect police around my car? my friend said he saw a RD onces on a magazine that can tell you the numbers of police cars around it... is that true?
    Its a RD not a CD. I think your friend is thinking of the valentine one. The "bogey counter" only works if they have their radar gun on.

Radar Fanatic

noTe?? noTe? Where are you?

J/

Radar Fanatic

The Cobra line is pretty at detecting cops around you. At least most of their users seem to think they are pretty good cop detectors.

are there any undetectable RD also? also which one is better ? Valentine one or the cobras?

Professional

are there any undetectable RD also? also which one is better ? Valentine one or the cobras?
    Someboy, it might be a good idea to do a little research 1st....You are going to get flamed with questions like those.

I'm not sure why you want an undetectable RD (aka stealth)? The 9500CI, soon to ship Redline, STI driver are undetectable

THe V1 is an excellent, top performing radar detector but its not stealthy. Usually a cobra and V1 are never put in the same sentence, because there is no comparison.

If you use your eyes you will see the popo. If you turn your RD on and the LEO is using radar it will alert you accordingly.

sorry i will get on doing my research. i believe i need a CD not a RD now, as i stated before, my beltronic sti dirver which is a RD does not work for me. as i live in a urban area, police do not use speed guns and such much....

yes i can see the police, however, you can't always see with your eyes. i got pulled over in a extremely foggy night, the police accused me for not stopping at a stop sign because i was "turning too fast" which is just BS. there are a lot of situations where eyes are simply useless in detecting cops. i was very frustrated , thats why i have decided to get a RD, however i got mixed up RD with CD. what i really need is a CD.

sorry for the frustration, also the cobra is a RD or CD? as you said Cobra and V1 is two different things. from my understanding so far, the V1 is a CD. am i getting this right?

thank you for the help

Newcomer

thx38 is on the button - do some research to avoid getting "flamed"

The Valentine 1 will out perform Cobra RDs...well....always. IT will outperform it by far. It is undetectable by VG-2 RDDs but not by Spectre. Only my opinion here but if you want a good RD do not buy a Cobra. That's not to say they don't make great CBs. 148gtl - awesome.

I want to say that sometime ago I saw an ad in a Crutchfield catalog for a unit that would detect state troopers based on the type of repeater or antenna or something they used in their cars. Can't remember for sure though. Anyone else?

Professional

All the devices we are talking about are radar detectors....Do some research on CDs and let us know what you come up with

Radar Fanatic

There is no such thing as a cop detector. There are tools available however, that can help you alert to the presence of cops.

CB radios would be more helpful on the highways, scanners will be of some help, and a radar detector to help you alert to the presence of police running radar. If there was such a thing as a cop detector, every reckless driver, bank robber, burglar, etc. would have one.