Question From portugal again

I there,

Like the others I need help....

I do a lot of KM (300km - week, at high speed), and need something to detect police radar. I have a gps with radar POI'S but is week and poor (i have then updated by the foruns)

I read a lot of information in this forum and others, but too much general, I know (or I think that) that portugal uses KU band, and others.

I wont spend 100 to 200€ (maybe more) in a European radar detector.

Whistler 948 Euro Radar ~ Laser Detector Designed specifically for Europe????

Beltronics
    Valentin1....
    Last edited by josetrate; 09-20-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Good Citizen

Default Re: From portugal again

Hello josetrate,

as far as I know (but please don't nail me down to that) the police in Portugal uses Ka-Band (Multanova 6F 34,36 GHz) and K-Band (Traffipax).

Especially for the Multanova you'll need to spend a little more money than 200€ if you want to drive secure. In this case a Whistler would be a waste of money.

I don't know if you are driving much to Spain, because then you will need also 35,5GHz (for RAI2002 ). Unfortunately the Spanish police use Spectre IV, which are so called radar detector detector (RDD) and can track your radar detector, if it isn't "stealth".

If you are driving just in Portugal you will be fine with a Bel 975e, 966R, STI-R or a Valentine One (V1).
    But if you will be en route in Spain, you need a Bel 975e or 966R with an Enerby filter or the STI-R which is innately stealth to RDDs.

Thank you for the fast reply

I found on whistler-radar website that 948 Euro Radar have K an Ka band.

Radar Frequencies: ~ 9.875 - 9.925 GHz (Euro X Band) ~ 13.425 - 13.475 GHz (Ku Band ) ~ 24.050 - 24.250 GHz (K Band) ~ 34.110 - 34.560 GHz (Ka Band ) ~ 34.450 - 36.000 GHz (Ka Band)

Why the STI-R and valentine1 is so expensive. What is special
    What is the STI-R?

I just go to spain in vacation, so i drive carefully, so 99% in portugal.

Bel 975e - cant find on ebay
    966R - fund a pack, and too expensive
    Valentine one - well....$454.99

Can you help me find better prices? or equivalent products?

Tks in advance

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by josetrate View Post
    I found on whistler-radar website that 948 Euro Radar have K an Ka band.
    But the question is how good can they detect Ka-Band and not at all.

I've done a lot of testing against the Multanova 6F and this radar is really tricky, due to a low output power.

I'm driving 1000km a week and I can recommend you the RDs which i mentioned above with a clear conscience. The normal price of 966R or 975e is about 375€ in your area. If this is too much money for you then you will be fine with a used model.

Why the STI-R and valentine1 is so expensive. What is special
    The STI-R is the most sensitive detector I've been testing so far. The Ka-performance is outstanding and if the radar measures from behind you will need a good detector. Whistler is not an option.

The V1 is also a good euro detector, but I prefer remote models, because RDs are illegal in my area.

Can you help me find better prices? or equivalent products?
    I sent you a PN with further information, because it's against the rules to post commercial links.

Ok, thks

I am still undecided,

I'm comparing prices from manufacter, and your websites.... And Christ... the price on ES double from manufacter.

Your recommends go to 975e, and I see the 995 on ebay maybe the same price. which would you prefer. 975e from spain, or 995 unconfigured?

Sorry, spend 300€ not easy

Good Citizen

I know that it is a lot of money for such a little device.... Before my purchase of my first detector I had the same thoughts, but believe me: Invest a little bit more and you will not regret it.

which would you prefer. 975e from spain, or 995 unconfigured?
    Unfortunately I haven't tested the Bel 995.

Quote Originally Posted by nano View Post
    I know that it is a lot of money for such a little device.... Before my purchase of my first detector I had the same thoughts, but believe me: Invest a little bit more and you will not regret it.

which would you prefer. 975e from spain, or 995 unconfigured?
    Unfortunately I haven't tested the Bel 995.

I think that will buy valentine one....

Now I'm looking for the better price. In US a fund accessible prices. But the duty taxes in portugal are too expensive. 300€ from ebay where i pay more 100€

Now I found on ebay an seller from germany, but i think that can found less expensive. Your links.. too expensive

Tks