Thread: Any Idea?

Radar Fanatic

Default Any Idea?

Just as Beltronics is introducing the STI which seems to be a new product in their line of RD's, does anyone have any idea or thoughts about when maybe VR will be coming out with a new model? VR is constantly updating the 1.8 but I am waiting to see an entirely new version top to bottom. Drive safely and happy motoring.

Advanced Member

Nobody really knows for sure. If I had to guess, I wouldn't expect any major changes until the 3rd quarter of 2006 or later, but I don't really base that on anything. You never know, they might surprise us...

Jim

Radar Fanatic

Thanks Jim. I think I will just keep what I have now and see what all the manufacturers have coming out down the road. I think the STI sounds good but I would definitely miss the arrows (yes I like the stinking arrows) and the fact the V1 has Ku band if that is ever introduced here in the US. Drive safely and happy motoring.

Power User

Surely somthing will come out from many manufacturers...they just wont sit there and let Bel have the spectre proof market...especially Mike Valentine

Radar Fanatic

Well, I hope if VR comes out with a new unit that they dont change the shape or color of the "black box". I am certainly not demographic and dont like trendy, curved, multicolored RD's. To me the "black box" means pure electronics and business. Drive safely and happy motoring.

Lead Foot

Even if they did move to fully invisible, I'm not sure I would upgrade. The performance would almost surely have to take (if even small) a hit, and where I live, RDs are fully legal.