Default video of two radar detectors interfering

I made a small video of why its a bad idea to run two radar detectors. I ran my whistler xtr-695se and 9500ix on the windshield. whistler mounted high and 9500ix mounted lower center windshield. Early on during the day, my whistler was giving random two chirp K band falses in places where I know there are no falses like my neighborhood. Then when I decided to lower my volume on my whistler, I saw in an interesting reaction on the 9500ix. Def. shows that even two pretty new radar detectors can still interfere with each other. Even though the whistler showed better performance on the spectre III rdd test that GOL did, it still interferes with other rds.

ttp://guysoflidar.com/radar-detector-test-august-2009/staged-real-world-tests.html]Radar Detector Tests and Reviews by Guys of LIDAR - LASER

rdd tests are at the bottom

ttp://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa302/TheRaja/?action=view&current=VID00000-20100408-1857.flv

Add an "h" to the beginning of those links, I dont have enough posts to post links yet. Sorry Mods I just thought this was an interesting reaction worth posting.

I guess the volume button on the whistler throws ka falses

Power User

Default Re: video of two radar detectors interfering

Quote Originally Posted by NewCents05 View Post
    I made a small video of why its a bad idea to run two radar detectors. I ran my whistler xtr-695se and 9500ix on the windshield. whistler mounted high and 9500ix mounted lower center windshield. Early on during the day, my whistler was giving random two chirp K band falses in places where I know there are no falses like my neighborhood. Then when I decided to lower my volume on my whistler, I saw in an interesting reaction on the 9500ix. Def. shows that even two pretty new radar detectors can still interfere with each other. Even though the whistler showed better performance on the spectre III rdd test that GOL did, it still interferes with other rds.

ttp://guysoflidar.com/radar-detector-test-august-2009/staged-real-world-tests.html]Radar Detector Tests and Reviews by Guys of LIDAR - LASER

rdd tests are at the bottom

ttp://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa302/TheRaja/?action=view&current=VID00000-20100408-1857.flv

Add an "h" to the beginning of those links, I dont have enough posts to post links yet. Sorry Mods I just thought this was an interesting reaction worth posting.

I guess the volume button on the whistler throws ka falses
    I tried a S7 995 and a v1 and the v1 would false X.

Power User

Let me help you out with that.

Spectre III RDD

Our Spectre III test was performed on a straight line-of-sight course to determine the maximum distance the units were detectable by Spectre. The radar detectors were mounted one at a time in a stationary vehicle. The Spectre was mounted in a vehicle which drove slowly towards the vehicle with the detector. At the first alert from the Spectre, the vehicle stopped and the distance to the radar detector vehicle was measured using an LTI Ultralye. The Spectre III was set at maximum gain. Since the idea is to avoid detection by the Spectre, in this test a lower number indicates better performance.

[ame="http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa302/TheRaja/?action=view&current=VID00000-20100408-1857.flv"]VID00000-20100408-1857.flv video by TheRaja - Photobucket[/ame]

Radar Fanatic

it's normal for whistlers to leak ka when messing with the settings/volume, Mike B said they did that on purpose so that you could use a whistler to test out another detector if you wanted to make sure it could receive ka frequencies.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    it's normal for whistlers to leak ka when messing with the settings/volume, Mike B said they did that on purpose so that you could use a whistler to test out another detector if you wanted to make sure it could receive ka frequencies.
    Your exactly right because if your in K band country how can you test for Ka?

Newcomer

I am looking for threads about running the V1 and 9500ix at the same time. I have both and am trying to decide which to keep or to keep both. I want to run them both at once. Thanks. The V1 is mounted at the top of the windshield and 9500ix at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    Huh I didnt know that it was an intended leak. Other than the volume thing, the 9500ix hasn't given me any weird falses from the whistler. The whistler however picks up random k band 2 chirp falses every now and then from the 9500ix. I dont actually run both of them together daily, however I am debating if I should return the 9500ix within the 30 day test drive and pick up a redline. I ran a few tests past different Ka speed signs and the whistler was picking them up well ahead of the 9500ix (I did these tests with the radars on one at a time, not both) I feel like I just have a really expensive speed camera detector more than a good radar detector.

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRandy View Post
    I am looking for threads about running the V1 and 9500ix at the same time. I have both and am trying to decide which to keep or to keep both. I want to run them both at once. Thanks. The V1 is mounted at the top of the windshield and 9500ix at the bottom.
    It really isnt worth running two windshield mount radar detectors at the same time, they will hinder each others performance. I have been using the 9500ix around the city and the whistler for when I go on the highway.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRandy View Post
    They absolutely will interfere with each other, most likely in the form of reduced sensitivity and erratic performance on both, especially in the Ka band. The only way that we've found to run two RDs at the same time successfully, is to run a Belscort remote with a windshield mounted RD. I've run a 9500ci and a V1 together for almost two years now and they compliment each other very well.

Professional

when I was just messing around on a Saturday i was running my v955 and my v1 it wasn't a constant alert but when you first turned the bel on it would give a K alert on my V1 and then when driving with them every once in a while it would go off so that is my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    They absolutely will interfere with each other, most likely in the form of reduced sensitivity and erratic performance on both, especially in the Ka band. The only way that we've found to run two RDs at the same time successfully, is to run a Belscort remote with a windshield mounted RD. I've run a 9500ci and a V1 together for almost two years now and they compliment each other very well.
    How about a V1 and a Redline? I'd imagine the V1 would interfere with the Redline, but I wonder if the Redline would interfere with the V1.

I think a few members here run them both together.