I have been monitoring the broken supercup discussions. I too had a supercup that had broken (the rubber suction cup section separated from the plastic main unit and the spring) and Bel sent me a new unit. Since I had nothing to lose, I was determined to see if I could fix the old unit. I squeezed some super glue into the crevice of the rubber suction piece. The crevice was created when the rubber piece broke from the main plastic unit. I then depressed the spring on the plastic piece of the main unit, joined the rubber piece to the plastic piece, depressed the holding latch to expel all of the air from between the two joined parts, and then used a clamp to hold the parts together. After about 24 hours, I removed the clamp to find that all of the pieces were now solidly joined together. I lifted the holding latch only to discover that some glue had seeped from the crevice and caused the rubber suction piece to be firmly glued to the plastic piece. Rather than fret, I carefully pried apart the rubber piece from the plastic unit to discover to my relief that the suction piece was still joined to the plastic piece. Next came the actual testing stage. When I initially placed the fixed unit on the windshield and depressed the holding latch, the unit did not stick to the windshield. I however discovered that if I manually pushed together the rubber piece and the plastic main unit, placed the unit on the windshield, and then depressed the holding latch, adequate suction was created so that the unit held to the windshield. The firmness with which the unit held seemed much better than when the uit was new. Not wanting to test the unit with my $470.00 GX65, I attached my older V940 to the mount and tested the unit. I drove about even on rough roads and not only did the unit hold, it held better than when the unit was new. There is no gap between the suction part and the plastic main unit part when placed on the windshield so there is no radar detector shake.
To those who would ask, I have placed and removed the unit from the windshield over a dozen times and the unit is intact with no gap or separation. I have tested the unit high on the windshield and low on the windshield with the same results. After the initial test, I have been using my gx65 (a heavier detector) with no problem. Not once has the unit dropped from the windshield even in excessive heat. I even left the unit on the windshield for several days and nights in 90 degree plus temperatures. I now use the fixed unit exclusively and the new unit sent to me by Bel is stored as a backup unit. Since the fix worked so well, I may even experiment and put some superglue on the new unit before it breaks to see if it will make that unit stronger at the joinder point. This is my experiment and I must caution you to use an older detector if you choose to follow my method and then test the unit with your radar detector. I have only done this repair with my broken unit and have not tried the repair on any other unit, therefore I can't state whether this fix method will work on all damaged supercups. However, if you have a broken supercup and some superglue and a clamp, maybe you can repair your broken supercup using the above method. Remember, when you test the repaired unit initially, use an older detector and mount low to avoid damage to your detector until you're certain the fix will work for you like it worked for me. For the record, I used A.C. Moore super glue for the project.