Newcomer

Default A few confusions regarding Direct Wiring my RD

hey. I want to order parts to direct wire my RD, which still hasn't arrived yet.
    So here are my confusions,

I own a camry 2011, I checked the fuse box and it has the mini low profile fuses, I'm planning to use add-a-circuit, I came to find out that there are no add-a-circuit for low profile fuses, so will the regular add a circuit work with my mini low profile fuse slot?

Now if it does and I get through with it, the add a circuit will have two slots, will I be able to fit my stock low profile fuse in it, or will I need a different fuse with the same AMP from advance auto-parts.

oh and I called my local advance autoparts and the guy didn't know what add a circuit was and said they don't have it, so I decided to look for it online.

I'm open to suggestions.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: A few confusions regarding Direct Wiring my RD

Advance has them they're idiots, and they do make it for the mini fuse its what I used

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by that guy View Post
    Advance has them they're idiots, and they do make it for the mini fuse its what I used
    I ended up going to their site and saw they do have it in that store too lol.
    Regarding the mini fuses, there are two types of mini fuses ones are ATM/APM and the other ones are low profiles something like the one below and that's the one i have which are the low profile ones.

did your fuse look similar?

Advanced Member

Yes, they have the add-a-circuits in the right sizze, you'll just have to look hard. I've even seen them at Sears auto stores. It could be that they're out of 'em. Unfortunately, asking the people that work there is probably not going to be much help as you found out. But you might get the one bright fellow who does know what you're talking about, so don't give up. Good luck.

Cheers.

V1 1.7 v2.909 w/CD and remote audio
    LE-30 RIP
    BCT-7

Good Citizen

What RD did you buy, and where are you going to mount it ? I have a 2010 Camry and it is dead easy to run cables just about anywhere.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by ersin View Post
    Yes, they have the add-a-circuits in the right sizze, you'll just have to look hard. I've even seen them at Sears auto stores. It could be that they're out of 'em. Unfortunately, asking the people that work there is probably not going to be much help as you found out. But you might get the one bright fellow who does know what you're talking about, so don't give up. Good luck.

Cheers.
    thanks! so it turns out the regular mini add-a-circuit fits in mini fuses slots and the low profile mini fuses slots too.

Quote Originally Posted by DJH65 View Post
    What RD did you buy, and where are you going to mount it ? I have a 2010 Camry and it is dead easy to run cables just about anywhere.
    I bought a STI Driver and mounted it right above me behind the visor. And yes it was pretty easy to hide the wires

Good Citizen

I bought a STI Driver and mounted it right above me behind the visor. And yes it was pretty easy to hide the wires[/QUOTE]

Good choice, I have had some excellent saves with mine, and some long range Ka detections. You will be happy with it.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by that guy View Post
    x2. they're called Mini-Blade type. most import brands use this type. Add a fuse "mini" version works like a charm. I had it when i had my civic and have it my BMW now.
    I would venture to say all newer vehiculars have the "mini" style fuses. My 04 Caddy does and it was made in MI.