Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Ka falses on the rise

I don't know if it's the weather bringing out crappy RDs or what, but I've been getting a LOT more Ka falses for the past couple of weeks. I drive to work through a town that just doesn't bother with radar along my route. I mean I've never seen it in the 9 months I've been working there. Today I got 2 Ka hits that didn't make any sense. Quick, medium strength, and in the second case it was in front, then to the side, then gone. (I assume it was a detector in a car that had just approached in the other lane.) Anybody else seeing this?

And a question for V1 users who have upgraded from 1.8 to POP2: Does the increase in the number of falses get more annoying or is it less annoying because the J alert terminates them? Do people with POP2 still get any unresolved falses or does it pretty much catch them all?

Founder of Stealthvation

In ALL honesty I have not seen any increase in KA falses.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Experienced

ya i have an old 8500 but i haven't had any ka falses lately.

Advanced Member

Absolutely agree.....my PNI Traveller is Constantly falsing on Ka band.....short quick Ka bursts....sometimes even as I pull in my driveway..... :?:
    and no I do not have a remote garage door opener.......or a garage... :P

Yoda of Radar

I'm getting K doors on Ka for my PNI. :roll:

Old Timer

Its the weather. People are bringing out theiur fancy cars with theit not so fancy radar detectors. I agree 100% the falses are on the rise. I believe that V1's J function is going to really prove itself this summer.

Unfortunatly Im getting my new X50 tommarrow. Im thinking about just running them both at the same time

Banned

No Ka Falses on my X50 Nor My V1

Radar Fanatic

Looks like I jinxed it. Not 24 hours after I made that post about "cops don't use radar on my way to work" what happens? I see a cop setting up shop on Ka less than a mile from work. The annoying thing is that I didn't get a hit until after I saw him. Must have been clocking the other direction.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    Looks like I jinxed it. Not 24 hours after I made that post about "cops don't use radar on my way to work" what happens? I see a cop setting up shop on Ka less than a mile from work. The annoying thing is that I didn't get a hit until after I saw him. Must have been clocking the other direction.
    That or he was using instant on on you. Basically he switched his radar on after he saw you car
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

That could be the case. It's hard to say since I was at the back of a 3-car pack, travelling well over the PSL. I'm inclined to believe that it wasn't because nobody got pulled and the guy in front also had V1 in his windshield and I never saw his brakelights (coasted down). In addition, the cop was already in the process of making U-turn from our lane of traffic into the opposing lane, and I continued to get an alert from the rear for quite a distance even though he was facing away from me again as I departed. I think the most plausible explanation is that the conditions weren't very good for me to get a reflected signal.