Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why do people say detectors are illegal in NY?

THE SHERIFFS IN GA do not use the RDDS ONLY the GA DEPT OF SAFETY DEPT THE POLICE THAT WORK THE WEIGH SCALES THERE IS NO NEED FOR THE LOCAL POLICE TO STOP YOU THERE IS NO REVENUE IN IT FOR THEM. THEY can only stop you for a traffic offences speeding, running a stop light, tail light out. licence plate frame around your plate . they need to see your registration sticker and the county you live in.

Old Timer

And as one of those people who drive a big rig, I can say as long as your are "careful", using a rd in a big truck is NOT a big deal w/ the way the DOT (Dept of Transportation) is coming down on us commercial drivers. If the weigh station is open, then it's NOT in sight for them to see and when going thru a Rest Area inspection, again it is not in sight. You have to be smart about it. Dealing w/ fatigue issues in a big truck, when a rd starts going off, it makes the fatigure subside and appreciate the noise coming out of the rd and staying awake. I can't tell you how many times the rd has made me appreciate being more woke up behind the wheel. Not everyone uses a rd for speeding. Some use it to help stay awake and know when radar is present. I don't see any harm in this REGARDLESS which vehicle you run it in. We have much more important things to be worried about rather than pick on a hard working driver trying to get his deliveries done. I own a Spectre 2 RDD and 2 VG-2 Inteceptor RDD's. I know how they work.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember View Post
    And as one of those people who drive a big rig, I can say as long as your are "careful", using a rd in a big truck is NOT a big deal w/ the way the DOT (Dept of Transportation) is coming down on us commercial drivers. If the weigh station is open, then it's NOT in sight for them to see and when going thru a Rest Area inspection, again it is not in sight. You have to be smart about it. Dealing w/ fatigue issues in a big truck, when a rd starts going off, it makes the fatigure subside and appreciate the noise coming out of the rd and staying awake. I can't tell you how many times the rd has made me appreciate being more woke up behind the wheel. Not everyone uses a rd for speeding. Some use it to help stay awake and know when radar is present. I don't see any harm in this REGARDLESS which vehicle you run it in. We have much more important things to be worried about rather than pick on a hard working driver trying to get his deliveries done. I own a Spectre 2 RDD and 2 VG-2 Inteceptor RDD's. I know how they work.
    Thanks for what you do. I'll always have mad respect for your profession.

As for the stress that you guys deal with....Not sure I would have ever had the patience to deal with all the $hit that you do.

I never understood why they created this law about RD & truckers...I agree with commercial bus not having them.

As for RD in VA not being legal; Technically the law goes way beyond simply owning one. Technically you can not sell one to any person in Virginia that means private or craigs list for that matter you can not have one in your vehicle, that includes the trunk.
    2004 Ford Excursion V10 Eddie Bauer Edition / Mercedes Benz E Class
    EBC Vented and drilled rotors ..EBC 4000 Kevlar brake
    Gibson Headers
    PIAA XT 90 Fog Lights Vision X Off Road Lights HID 5700
    Galaxy 919 CB Radio, Palomar 80, 100 Watt power amplifier
    Wilson 1000 antenna
    Magellan GPS Cheetah C50 GPS
    Costillo Dash Cam VC-100
    Kustom Pro Laser ll Infrared Lidar Gun Bushnell Radar Gun
    Valentine One Radar Detector's for the past 15 plus years

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyValentineone?feature=mhum

Old Timer

Thanks JstGlockem. Yes the Virginia law is quite vague, but I got away w/ running my Bel STi in my car all through that state and never had a problem. In terms of the big truck, if the radar detector helps to keep me awake and create a safer environment for myself, I am going to run one regardless and the gov't doesn't know what's best for me.

V1 Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Jstglockem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember View Post

Thanks for what you do. I'll always have mad respect for your profession.

As for the stress that you guys deal with....Not sure I would have ever had the patience to deal with all the $hit that you do.

I never understood why they created this law about RD & truckers...I agree with commercial bus not having them.

As for RD in VA not being legal; Technically the law goes way beyond simply owning one. Technically you can not sell one to any person in Virginia that means private or craigs list for that matter you can not have one in your vehicle, that includes the trunk.

I ran a V1 in a Tour coach for years, remote audio and display. Thing is I never sped you can't because of the 49 people sitting be hide you who speak English. It was just for the geek on and I had a lot of them!!. Because of the earth quake devastation in my city I changed my job to driving Tipulators/truck trailer (semi that tips stuff off) for the rebuild. All i can say is man A-train, B-train, semi are dam dangerous if in the wrong hands. Tip trucks are another level when it comes to on site know how E.g. tipping on its side, getting stuck, and backing into tight spots. At present because of the new challenges i am facing I no long have the desire for getting the geek on. Respect the BIG TRUCK DRIVER that's for sure. It’s harder than most of you think, your day could go real bad real fast.
    Just to note thou I will never agree to RD’s being outlawed by a nanny Sate whether its a car or truck or any motor vehicle full stop. Why can we not monitor police broadcasts they monitor us. Communist China have outlaw RD's.
    Last edited by ghz1; 07-28-2012 at 03:35 PM.