Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Mustang GT Tinted Windows + Camera Mount Fix

Well I decided to wait to post these pics until I was completely finished. It took awhile to get my windshield tinted because the guy had to order it. I also fixed my camera mount so that it would be smaller and stop rattling. I cut parts of my old mount off and did a little drilling on my blend mount to make this much smaller and open up my view a little more.

Windshield: 3M Crystalline 70
    Front Side Windows: 3M Crystalline 40
    Rear Windows: 3M Color Stable 20

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Mustang GT Tinted Windows + Camera Mount Fix

Looks nice, Bro! Very sharp! But man, CA cops are real dicks about tinting. My wife's car only has 35 percent all the way around, and she get's hassled at least once a month. Of course, she's hott too, so they're probably just trying to get her phone number.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Looks nice, Bro! Very sharp! But man, CA cops are real dicks about tinting. My wife's car only has 35 percent all the way around, and she get's hassled at least once a month. Of course, she's hott too, so they're probably just trying to get her phone number.
    Thanks. =)

Lol, "Excuse me ma'am, but your windows are too dark, we can't see your awesomeness."

Oh yeah, they are really pissy about it. I was already pulled over once. Now I just roll my windows down when I pass a LEO. Seems to do the trick.

Radar Fanatic

Very nice car bro. I've been itching to take one of these new ones out for a test drive lately.

Edit: I didn't realize it was a CS. My mom has an 08 GT/CS.

Yoda of Radar

I hate to admit it, but the Mustangs are definitely getting better looking every year. I love that rear end.

BTW, is that your house? I got really burned out on middle class suburbia in California. I might have stayed for a nice place off the beaten path like that!
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 08-12-2010 at 10:08 PM.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by unmamfqlm View Post
    Very nice car bro. I've been itching to take one of these new ones out for a test drive lately.

Yeah, the GT/CS Rules!

I hate to admit it, but the Mustangs are definitely getting better looking every year. I love that rear end.
    Thanks. I haven't liked the rear ends of 'stangs for a long time. They seemed all flat and plain. But yeah, they are getting way way better.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Oyusan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unmamfqlm View Post

Yeah, the GT/CS Rules!

Thanks. I haven't liked the rear ends of 'stangs for a long time. They seemed all flat and plain. But yeah, they are getting way way better.
    I'm kind of torn between liking them 100% cosmeticaly or not, although they are growing on me. When the last style came out, I absolutely hated them. Now, I think they're the best looking Mustang Ford has ever had in production. I love these new ones, but they are getting a bit too "modern" looking for my liking to be totally honest. BUT like always, I'm sure they will soon grow on me, and I will love the hell out of them. Regardless, you have a very sharp Stang that I would love to have myself if I had the extra $$$ laying around.

Radar Fanatic

Nice looking ride, man I got to get me one.

Power User

I liked the last model 05 to 09 better, more concept car looking, the new one wants to be retro too much with the big hips etc.

Professional

you know everyone has told me that eventually ill get a fix it ticket for tinted windows and no front plate in my moms car and now my civic. My mom has NEVER had a front plate on her car since '98. She tinted the front sides 20%. Never been hassled. Our Tahoe has NEVER had a front plate since '95. It currently has nothing sitting there and it is pretty obvious. before we had a collector's plate on the front, until my dad rear ended someone. New plate mount but no new plate. Our civic has 30% tint front sides, never bothered by cops. I guess my cops dont care.