Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default 2011 Lexus IS F - STi-R Plus and LI Quad Install

Here's some pics of my intall by Sante Fe Auto Sound.
    So far I'm having some issues by using the "guts" of the 9500ci display in the RVM. It doesn't seem to be displaying some info that would be able to be displayed on the STi-R Plus display. The previously mentioned problem of not displaying "STi-R Plus" on startup isn't that big of a deal for me, but "Threat Display" option (shows mult. detected bands and strength of each) doesn't seem to be working. It does display the "Meter Display" and "Tech Display" fine (displays numeric frequency of the threat). I may be sending my RVM back to radarmirror.com to have him put the "guts" of the STi-R Plus display in it to make it function completely.
    Another problem is that even with the volume "all the way up" the voices/warnings don't seem that loud to me even with the dedicated external speaker and can be drowned out by "moderately loud" background music. The volume on my 9500ix is MUCH louder than the STi-R Plus. The same Belscort type of speaker hooked up to the LI however can be VERY lound and the potentiometer is turned down quite a ways from full volume... Does anybody have an idea about the problem regarding this???
    I have the overseas version of the STiR-Plus as I bought it before the NA version became available BTW...
    As you will notice the backlight for the STi-R Plus control module is currently red. I most likely will be sending it in to Belscort to be replaced with blue backlights to match my car better. When it is re-installed, I will also have them intall the remote bicolor LED indicator in the instrument cluster near my digital speed display.
    The LI jammers in the front are just "pressure fitted" in the space cut in the grill for now and quite snug (They did a great job cutting my grill and it looks better/stealthier than I thought it would! They couldn't get the LI brackets to work with my front bumper/grill as there was nowhere close or solid enough for them to attach it to. They may use some sort of "glue" to hold them even more secure (some type of glue that can be deactivated/released so they say). The LI jammers on the back are held in place with 3M automotive tape with a "shim" to get it closer (but not perfect) to level. I have noted some slight angulations from level and straight to the road that I will be having them address as well.
    Please give any advice/comments on the intall and the above issues I'm having so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ISF GUY; 03-10-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: 2011 Lexus IS F - STi-R Plus and LI Quad Install

they did a good job on ur bumper... doesn't look like you were in an accident good install on the sti-r, i think your li heads might be a little low though

Professional

I'd move the rear heads out more towards the tail lights but other than that the install is great. I think the front heads are in a pretty good spot a little higher up would have been better but I don't expect many punch throughs. Only testing will tell how effective they are.

Radar Fanatic

Come on baby get your ix hardwired.

snoopyc4

Nice front install. You'll be glad you cut your grille rather than mounting the jammer heads low. Rear jammer heads are too close together.

Advanced Member

Time to find a new shop. Your front heads should always be securely mounted. There is no such thing as "can't" when it comes to an install. The locations on the front end are fine. They definitely should have gone as far out as possible on the rear heads.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Woodscolby View Post
    I'd move the rear heads out more towards the tail lights but other than that the install is great. I think the front heads are in a pretty good spot a little higher up would have been better but I don't expect many punch throughs. Only testing will tell how effective they are.
    I had asked the installers to put the rear LI's out as far as possible in the License plate indent, but they disregarded because they thought they would be in the way of the trunk release on the right and the key hole on the left... Is it worth the trouble to have them move them or do you think the current positioning is adequate?? I do hope to get together with some KC guys in the area and do a test meet this spring. (Or I may try to make it to St. Louis where some member live that have some Lidar guns.)

Good Citizen

In response to SoulSeeker's quote: "Come on baby get your ix hardwired"

I'm only keeping it in that car temporarily for now. I'm just keeping it there short term for comparison/learing sake. Will soon be moving it to the SUV for primary duty.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PMoth View Post
    Time to find a new shop. Your front heads should always be securely mounted. There is no such thing as "can't" when it comes to an install. The locations on the front end are fine. They definitely should have gone as far out as possible on the rear heads.
    Unfortunately there aren't many options in the KC area that I'm aware of, and from what I found when I researched potential installers, they probably install more custom installed RD's than anybody in the area (although they primarily install car audio/video and starters.) I was concerned as well when they told me their solution for the front LI's. However they are in VERY TIGHT!! I tried pushing on them very firmly to see how secure they were, and they didn't budge. When I'm satisfied with leveling, etc. I think their idea of using "super power" glue on the back of the LI's to the grill will work fine. Supposedly this "super power" glue has some sort of solution you put on and it "deactivates" it so they can be removed/adjusted in the future.

Good Citizen

Nice car...

Have you tested your LI (front and rear)? If so, how was the result? I do not think LI heads are not low in front. However, I agree with Woodscolby on rear setup.