RadarBusters Associate

Default Saudi Arabia Laser Camera

I have a gentleman from Saudi Arabia and he sent me a couple of photos of the camera he is up against in his area, he just wants to verify that laser jammers will work for these cameras and before I tell him yes, I wanted to get your thoughts, make these are in fact running off laser and not radar

Good Citizen

Default Re: Saudi Arabia Laser Camera

Hi Green Radar,

I am based in Saudi and have an LI dual as well as a V1 that I use. At this stage I am still testing my LI to see if it is effective but can confirm that it will detect no problems, as does the V1, as to its ability to jam, I cannot confirm. The unit in use here is the Vitronic Poliscan so any information on the forum relating to these units will answer your clients questions. Another member on the forum "Not So Swift" appears to have some evidence to suggest that LI is effective. At this stage in Saudi the only laser threat is these fixed and mobile vitronic poliscan units, and forward facing (detects and takes photo front of car)

Hope this helps.

RadarBusters Associate

^^^^ it most certainly does, thanks

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by GreenRadar View Post
    I have a gentleman from Saudi Arabia and he sent me a couple of photos of the camera he is up against in his area, he just wants to verify that laser jammers will work for these cameras and before I tell him yes, I wanted to get your thoughts, make these are in fact running off laser and not radar

Are you sure it's not gonna fire a rocket at you if you are caught speeding? That thing is huge.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sufu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenRadar View Post

Are you sure it's not gonna fire a rocket at you if you are caught speeding? That thing is huge.
    LOL .... have you seen the way they drive over here ? Let me tell you, they don't have enough rockets to be firing them at every speeding driver !! I did laugh at the little one in the box with wheels on it, looks like its ready to drive off on its own.

Banned

It's probably got some poor guy in there with an old radar gun and a notepad. Only thing that came to my mind when I saw it was the Darlex, from Dr. Who... sterilize.... sterilize...