Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :( *sob

Scratonicity Groupie

Default :( *sob

Today I updated my Nuvi 760 because the traffic receiver had been acting kind of funny / intermittent. And for some odd reason I dropped the damn thing about 4 feet onto concrete and the case split apart. Oddly enough I got it to snap back together no problem, and you can't even tell it's been dropped UNTIL you turn it on. The screen looks like it has been hit by a hammer.

I thought my best buy warranty would cover it, but no such luck. Thought home owners insurance would cover it... NOPE.

So it looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a new one. If anyone wants this one for parts you can have it, just pay for the shipping

I've almost ordered the 755T three times today, but each time I relapse and go back to pondering.

Finally, thanks god for Apple. This iPhone is a tank, it was also dropped and tumbled and it doesn't even have a scratch. Garmin needs to step it up a notch.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: :( *sob

Did you call and ask Garmin how much it would be for a fix? Might as well do that first.

That sucks though. I always keep my 200W in the box for exactly that reason... just to nerve-racking. Well now they are rather cheap, but when I bought them they were much more expensive.

Scratonicity Groupie

Yeah, I just got off the phone with them. They charge a flat rate of $275.00, which is unfortunate. She recommended I just buy a new one being they are cheaper than that now.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton View Post
    Yeah, I just got off the phone with them. They charge a flat rate of $275.00, which is unfortunate. She recommended I just buy a new one being they are cheaper than that now.

Oh my goodness, yeah, my unit isn't even worth that much anymore either.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton View Post
    Wow, what a ripoff. You can buy new in box ones off eBay for around that price. Cheaper than that if you use the LIVE cashback thing if that's still going on.

Radar Fanatic

Where did you buy it? If you used a credit card for the purchase and you have a good card you may have extra insurance for it. Some cards offer coverages for damages but you have to look at the agreements and fine print.Some just extend warranties. It may be a longshot but it could be worth a try.

Scratonicity Groupie

I picked up a used 755t today on eBay and I've found a broken 760 on eBay that is not physically damaged. If I can win it, then I can use the screen from it to make my 760 like new again.

Old Timer

the 755 looks rele nice...the 350 is gettin rele old

Scratonicity Groupie

When life gives one lemons we must turn it into lemonade. I got my 755t in this week and it's a beast. When driving with the 760 your car just kind of skips along, with the 755t it's very fluid, and the new UI is a great step forward.

I found a new case & screen on eBay for the 760 so I'm going to patch her up and gift it for christmas

Radar Fanatic

Good to hear youre back in business. I dont think anyone has to tell you to be careful this time