Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Cell phone jammers

Does anyone here have/use a cellphone jammer? I recently met a guy at a corner gas station who was playing with his and it was hilarious. As cars were stopped at the light, several people would be on their phones. When he turned on the jammer they all looked at their phones like wtf!?!? I can see a real good use for one of these but I think they are illegal (fcc) and also have to be ordered/shipped from China. Still tho I think I have a new toy on my Christmas list.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Cell phone jammers

I love the concept, but would be very hesitant to use it while mobile. The idiots on their cellphones are already distracted enough. When you cause them to lose their call, they're going to really take their attention off the road, making them even more dangerous, which sort of negates the point.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Professional

perfect when in class or the library and people are more interested in their phones then class or studying would be real funny

Yoda of Radar

Movie theater... Classrooms... Dorms... it's all good

Professional

My mate got one a while back for his panel shop so the guys would work instead of texting all day. He says it the best thing he has ever bought. His workers are clueless as to why there phones don't work anymore.

Radar Fanatic

I have one, i haven't used it for a while. It was fun while i was driving, i'd turn it on with a LL hog and they'd be like "WTF"... they still wouldn't move though..

It was fun in malls also, and in my classrooms. but i got bored of it. it's on my shelf. haven't used it in ages.

Power User

Last edited by v1user; 09-26-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: .

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

I'm still waiting for the model that makes any cellphone go kaboom during a call. I remember a few years back a principal installed one for a week or so at his school and almost lost his job.

Professional

Just ordered my new cell phone jammer

Speedtrap Crasher

I've got one on a switch in my vehicle. I got it to get people off their phones while they're hogging the left lane but as SS said it's generally just an added distraction for them. However, when it works it's pretty sweet.

BTW: SnoopyC4 warned me some LEOs are familiar with these devices and know what they look like. So don't mount it up on the dash like I used too.
    Last edited by erickonphoenix; 09-23-2010 at 07:12 AM.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200