Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Had a conversation with Mike the Tech...Mike is great!

Ok so like I said I would call Mike the tech guy about what happend with my V1 "J"ing out the Stalker test van...

He basically asked me if there were vehicles around me I said no...not really except for Outrun who also has a V1. He asked me if Outruns "J" out too...I said no he kept getting the alert. Then he told me that sometime if your getting a real threat other RD can interfer with the Signal and cause the to J out the Threat... I know we really really hate on VR for the J out function but after talk to Mike it so much more complicated than we think... Like the obvious if the gun is out of tune...But lets say your getting a signal far away and the the distance can change the gun just enough to make the signal J out... there are so many Varibles its really unreal just makes me think how freakin complicated that software must be to write!

Well basically Mike took my name and number told me to send in my V1 to be tested...but here is where he goes the extra mile!
    Mike said he would try and talk to the head engineer about the J out software to check for possible bugs still! If not he is going to call me tomorrow I will keep you updated...

Mike the Tech....your a great guy!!
    VR is Awesome!!

Yoda of Radar

Yeah I talked to Mike about My V1 with the first issues, he was pretty cool to talk to and I will request him everytime I send mine back in... which will be often, I think I am going to call this week and see if they will send me a different one... but he will be the person I want to talk to.

Good Citizen

Default Ya

He's a good guy, gets back to you when he says he will, etc -- but please don't abuse VR's service by sending it back 'oten', etc - I'd hate to see it be ruined for everyone by them changing their support policies..

unless something is wrong, no use sending it in for service.

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    Yeah I talked to Mike about My V1 with the first issues, he was pretty cool to talk to and I will request him everytime I send mine back in... which will be often, I think I am going to call this week and see if they will send me a different one... but he will be the person I want to talk to.

Radar Fanatic

good point guardian but in all fairness air's v1 has some issue's and we're not talking J alerts here.

ford, please mention this to Mike the tech. tell him you have a bud in NYC than can replicate the J of real Ka on one area of the highway driving back and forth. its when im driving over a small median (when the leo is on the other side of the highway) towards a subway station which gives me K band falses. tell him that its not possible that every time i do this that there is another RD around.

i really got to try this out one day when the nypd left a marked cruiser on the side of the road with the ka band radar running. tell him its not only rd's causing this malfunction. someone else mentioned that there might be some other Ka falses out there mixing in with the leo Ka radar causing it to J out. either way this issue isn't only because of other RD's. tia -tq

Banned

Well like I said there are so many varibles to the J function its absolutly unreal...
    I suggest if it happens to anyone call VR and tell them your situation...I know people from VR read the forum but if you call them and ask about it, it makes them more aware of the problem we are having...
    I dont think anyone will abuse VR by sending in there V1...hell I dont want to send my unit it cause I dont want to pass with it...and about everyone else except Air feels the same!

Scratonicity Groupie

this is very interesting thanks for the heads up. Since I have gotten 3.826 I still dont trust the J feature and always slow down regardless wait the 30 seconds observe whats around and then go about my buisness.

I love VR because they listen to there customers so well, and are always trying to help.

Longsnowsm

I don't think anyone has assumed that the J function was a simple algorithm. So to hear that Mike wowed you with the technical details of how this works doesn't surprise any of us that it is complex. We realize it is complex.

They can explain it all they want, but we want it to either work correctly, let us disable it without crippling our RD, or remove this function/feature from the detector. We have been living with this long enough for them to have either sorted it out or moved on. It is time for them to do something. I love my V1, but this is really rediculous.

VR needs to fix this... Period.

Longsnowsm

Radar Fanatic

what i dont understand is my 8500 does pretty good on Ka but with no junk problem

is it a pop thing? v1 sacrificing performance for junk alert?

is it just poor filtering?

i know its complicated but the 8500/x50 and rx 65 have it down

Good Citizen

I had an instance just today,Driving thru a village 35mph SL.
    I got a ka alert on my v1 strong enough to make me slow down.
    than a second alert and a j out than nothing. 100 yards down the road
    sat a cruiser. I tried turning the detector on and off again but could not
    get a signal.
    My thought was he was not shooting and maybe there was a junk
    detector in the other lane to boot..coincidence?? Hard saying not knowing.

Good Citizen

I gotcha guys, I was just sayin, it sounded like saying he'll send it in 'often' meaning every month or somethin, just to make sure its 100%, instead of 99.. that would probably get them mad, especially if all of us did that.. Im just paranoid, hence my V1 :PP -- I dont want their support to change a BIT! If I think my LO is out of wack, or there's a bug or a problem; I send it in,and voila. I call ahead, but they're always just like 'send it in with a note'.. so thats usually what happens... only had to send it in for the "J" bug, 2-3x so far..never had any other probs with it.. I'm running 3.826 in NY, and haven't had it "J" any real threats..yet...as far as I know :P

Guy at work bought a cordless Whistler from Radio Shack on sale for $79 and claims he loves it better than the X50 and V1.. the V1 J'd out KA leakage from it this morning nicely :PP